GPS buying help needed......

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I've never paid duty on anything I ever got on eBay from the US, and that's a lot of stuff. And it all arrived in purrfect condition within 10 days or so.

Why not check your local Canadian Tire, and see when they might have a sale? 550s were $449 here a few weeks ago at Cdn Tire.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I checked Canadian Tire and they don't carry that model here.....just the older models.....they may be getting out because of the cost and competitiveness.

Future Shop was on sale for $480 plus both taxes =~$550

Best Buy was $600 plus both taxes.

Oh well, hopefully my ebay order clears the border with no issues and no added expense. :cr:
Lloyd
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Having used eBay for various things, the only time they'll ding you for duty is if the seller marks product as being from somewhere other than the US or Mexico. They tried doing that to me, I refused the shipment. They wanted $75 for an item worth $30.

You might get dinged paying the tax on whatever the declared value is. Most reputable sellers will declare it was a gift, which generally avoids taxes and duty.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Shizi, I wanted to recommend Tigerdirect.ca. I never would order anything online without checking them first especially now that they ship from a toronto wearhouse.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... =ILC-FPM03

Also, as noted above NEVER EVER let usp ship an order unless your despirate. Bad things will happen, and you'll PAY for it.

Actually, checking now that model is at the u.s. store not the Canadian one. Clowns.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:Shizi, I wanted to recommend Tigerdirect.ca. I never would order anything online without checking them first especially now that they ship from a toronto wearhouse.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/ ... =ILC-FPM03

Also, as noted above NEVER EVER let usp ship an order unless your despirate. Bad things will happen, and you'll PAY for it.

Actually, checking now that model is at the u.s. store not the Canadian one. Clowns.
I checked TigerDirect.ca and LogicComputerHouse.......neither carried it..........I still would have had the 8% PST as well here in Ontario. :bang:
Lloyd
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I noticed I spelt ups wrong. :lol:

I guess that shows how much I hate them.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I noticed I spelt ups wrong. :lol:

That's ok......when I hear ups I think uninterruptible power supply. :yes:
Lloyd
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I noticed I spelt ups wrong. :lol:

:whs:
LFITQ
Team Captain

UPS - yuck belch blech puke ....
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??