Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Just noticed this afternoon that my attempts to log in from the home page are getting rejected. I have to log in from the forum index page instead -- which works, but then the new forum posts since I last logged out aren't getting identified, although the new posts that appear while I'm logged in are getting flagged as usual, provided I click the "view posts since last visit" link to bring them up (even though the counter remains stuck at zero).

Is anyone else noticing this?

(EDIT: counter seems okay now).
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

It works fine for me .... you could try clearing your cookies
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Clearing cookies hasn't helped but I have noticed something curious... some of the problems I described disappear if I first enter from

http://www.lionbackers.com

as opposed to

http://lionbackers.com

which is when all the above difficulties were encountered.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

interesting .... I'll see what I can do :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Okay, I'll keep using the www prefix for now; I'll try suppressing it again sometime later to see what happens...
D
Team Captain

I think I got it :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I can log in either way now, but this time I notice forum posts don't get marked as having been read, either automatically when I click on individual threads, or when I try to force it with "mark all topics as read".

:hypno: :? I'm so confused (apologies to Jonathan Richman). I suppose I shouldn't have brought this up in the first place. Fortunately I can usually figure out what I have and haven't read from the time stamps.

Sorry if this is causing any problems...
D
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
:hypno: :? I'm so confused
:whs:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
LFITQ
Team Captain

this time I notice forum posts don't get marked as having been read, either automatically when I click on individual threads, or when I try to force it with "mark all topics as read".
Ok now this is happening to me too ...

Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
D
Team Captain

what browser are you guys using?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

D wrote:what browser are you guys using?
IE7. That may well be the problem!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Firefox 1.5
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Firefox 1.5
Just went to 2.0.0.2

Seems faster, and loads pages much better...ie with pics.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Same problem with IE7 ...

Doesnloading Firefox 2.0 and will see if the same problem still occurs.
Ballistic Bob
Legend