HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
"What's the fascination with fireworks here?" I have no idea - did they originate in Asia (stronger Asian influence here)?
This makes sense.

I've experienced 3 Chinese New Years while living in China and it is almost undescribable the noise level from firecrackers/fireworks for about 30 minutes each side of midnight on Chinese New Year.

The Chinese believe firecrackers/fireworks scare away evil spirits and they use them extensively for weddings, openings of new businesses,etc.......
I'm curious then -- does this fascination w/fireworks also exist in San Francisco, whose Chinatown is even larger than Vancouver's?
Yes, there are huge festivities and parades in San Francisco involving firecrackers during the Chinese New Year.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:The Lions do not have a home game scheduled on Halloween this year, but they did in previous seasons. And this year, the Canucks have a home game against Nashville scheduled on Halloween night. For those of you who have attended a Lions or Canucks game on Halloween: Do many fans attending dress in Halloween costumes?
I'm saving the face paint thing for Nov 12. As for dressing up on Halloween night, I'll be at the Preds game and I'll be able to give a first hand report........................
O'Shea

:twisted: I have been busy putting together my Halloween Costume for the Bomber's game. **I won't be in a football related costume and won't be in black & orange, so no grief about missing team colours puhlease** :wink:

It should make for an extra fun tailgater to have a few differently attired Lionbackers around, meaning other than the usual Lions' wear.

Going by the thread thus far, it looks like we have the following in on Halloween Costumes for the 28th Tailgater & Game:

Charlene :thup:
Vanessa :thup:
Tommy :thup:
O'Shea :thup:

Any other "creative" Lionbackers up for a change wardrobe for this TG/Game?? :cr:
Charlene

The people that aren't dressing up in a costume for the game on Saturday are....

LOSERS!

Yes, that's right. And dressing up in Lion's stuff does NOT count! You have to dress as something you wouldn't normally dress up as!

Them's the rules, i made them. Follow them! 8)

heehee :wink:

I'm bringing candy and chocolate for people who wear costumes!
O'Shea

You have to dress as something you wouldn't normally dress up as!

Them's the rules, i made them. Follow them!
:shock: Wow... you awe... stahwict!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:LOSERS!
Guilty as charged.................... :rockin:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In light of Halloween, an article on Vancouver Canucks superstitions.

http://www.canucks.com/theinsider/defau ... =5&id=1695
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
CB123
Legend

I am being a SWAT team guy for Halloween, do you think I will be allowed to wear my costume to the game this Saturday. I am gonna have like toy guns (M16, Shotgun, and 2 Pistols), will they let me in with those? They all have the orange on the end of the barrel...
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
LFITQ
Team Captain

And in other news ...

A guy at a Lions game was arrested for impersonating a police officer... Or was that the police were impersonating him?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

O'Shea wrote:Tommy :thup:
You mean he'll be sober and not hitting on any female around him???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might do a test run on the face paint thing on Saturday in preparation for Nov 12...........undecided....................
Dan Russell
Legend

CB123 wrote:I am being a SWAT team guy for Halloween, do you think I will be allowed to wear my costume to the game this Saturday. I am gonna have like toy guns (M16, Shotgun, and 2 Pistols), will they let me in with those? They all have the orange on the end of the barrel...
Don't worry you'll get in. You will have to just meet the man with one glove on. :lol: :lol: :lol:
O'Shea

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
O'Shea wrote:Tommy :thup:
You mean he'll be sober and not hitting on any female around him???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might do a test run on the face paint thing on Saturday in preparation for Nov 12...........undecided....................
Come on now Jay.... Tommy hasn't been around to defend himself lately :roll:

Good job on the face paint test run :thup:
Charlene

Just to let you guys know, i saw an ad in the paper for tomorrow's game and it said that no props will be allowed in.

No pitchfork for me!

Well, i guess i can bring it to the tailgater and leave it in the car for the game!
CB123
Legend

Just to let you guys know, i saw an ad in the paper for tomorrow's game and it said that no props will be allowed in.
What! That sucks! :thdn:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:No pitchfork for me!

Well, i guess i can bring it to the tailgater and leave it in the car for the game!
That's a good idea.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。