HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Charlene

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, LIONS' FANS!!!!

It's nice to see the site all decked out in orange and black for Halloween! :wink:

Hope everyone has a spooky day!

:shock: :i: :mac: :beer: :roar: :helmet:
Charlene

all you people that looked at this, and haven't responded are....

PARTY POOPERS!
Shelion
Champion

Happy Halloween!
The day has come for my kids to collect the candy that I will eat after they are in bed :twisted:
It's part of being a good parent... eat their candy to save their teeth. The things I do for my kids :lol:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Speaking of things related to Halloween, I'm reminded of a wax museum that used to exist in Gastown that featured a spooky chamber of horrors exhibit.

In the early 1980's, there was a wax museum located in Gastown. That museum featured, among other things, some scary wax figures of people in coffins, monsters, people being tortured and slaughtered, etc. Did anybody visit that wax museum before it closed?

In around 2000, a second wax museum opened in Gastown before it closed as well in 2003. I never got to see that wax museum. Does anybody know if it too had a chamber of horrors?
Charlene

I have no idea about the wax museums, sorry!

YAY for Halloween and Candy!! I'm so hyper today! I can't wait to get dressed up and go out with my niece and my nephews!

I looooooooooove Halloween! :rockin:
pinkfreud

Have a very scary Halloween! Is anyone dressing up as Ed Hervey? :shock:
Joking.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Easy Halloween costume: Pat Quinn. Just don a suit and some black makeup around the eyes. A pair of glasses to finish the look. Add a grey wig or hair colouring if you're really committed to the character.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
CB123
Legend

Im too sick to go out for Halloween :bawl:. This is gonna be the 1st Halloween I will be missing in my 15 years of life... I was sick all week, and then yesterday, I went to Nanaimo at 7:00am cuz I had a football game at 1:00pm (it didnt help my cold that it was raining during the game)
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

im being a crazy lions fan with my clermont jersey, hat, pom poms sticking out of it and my face is painted orange :rockin: lol and when i wore it at school i brought my mini football and hit my teacher :lol: (by accident of course)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
MrsLFITQ

Halloween is mostly great. I get to stay home and give out the treats while LFitQ takes our oldest "trick or reetin" (her pronounciation not his :lol: )

So far hectic night, I've had over 160 kids now and had 1 of 4 pumpkins stolen :bawl: . I put pumpkins out at 5pm and at 5:30 noticed one was missing :x No problems with the rest of the decorations
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

MrsLFITQ wrote:So far hectic night, I've had over 160 kids now and had 1 of 4 pumpkins stolen :bawl: . I put pumpkins out at 5pm and at 5:30 noticed one was missing :x No problems with the rest of the decorations
:shock: :shock:

We haven't had one. Could be the weather, could also be the fact that there's school tomorrow.
pinkfreud

MrsLFITQ wrote:Halloween is mostly great. I get to stay home and give out the treats while LFitQ takes our oldest "trick or reetin" (her pronounciation not his :lol: )

So far hectic night, I've had over 160 kids now and had 1 of 4 pumpkins stolen :bawl: . I put pumpkins out at 5pm and at 5:30 noticed one was missing :x No problems with the rest of the decorations
160 kids!! You must have had to order candy by the pallet! My mom only had about 30 at her door when we were over tonight. As a result, Mr. Pinkfreud is currently lying on the couch passed out from eating a piece of Halloween cake, a wagon wheel, 4 pieces of fudge, a Mars bar, and a bag of chips.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

70 little chocolate bars........135 bags of chips.........only 23 kids showed up..... :bang: :bang: :bang:
Lloyd
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

OK, maybe you folks who were born and raised in BC can answer this for me. Why is Hallowe'en a firecracker day here? Where I grew up, firecrackers and fireworks were just on Canada Day. When I moved out here 12 years ago, I noticed that practically every holiday calls for fireworks. What gives?? :? :?

PS: Reason I ask is, some moron threw a firecracker out his apartment window last night (look at a calendar, buddy? :roll: ) and came within inches of hitting my car. :x Fortunately, I saw where it came from, and hopefully he got a visit from his friendly neighbourhood law enforcement officers. Not counting on it, but I feel better for having called them anyway.
Real women wear orange!!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Where I come from downtown Detroit has something called "Devils night" It's the saturday before halloween. Not for the faint of heart, you may wanna stay indoors and hide your children. lmao

:twisted: