one time I am in favor of usa gun rights

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

On the evening of July 26th, in Bullitt County, Ky., William Merideth’s daughter came in from the backyard and told her father that she’d just seen a drone fly over their neighborhood. Merideth, 47, walked outside and watched a Phantom quadcopter glide down their street, then grabbed his shotgun. When the drone flew over his property, he blasted it down.

Soon, four men drove up to Merideth’s home. One of the men, David Boggs, had just bought the drone and says he was demonstrating it to his friends and family. Merideth told local TV news station WDRB that when Boggs and his friends arrived at his place, he warned them, “If you cross my sidewalk, there’s going to be another shooting.” Boggs called 911 and 30 minutes later, police arrested Merideth.

The two men disagree how low Boggs flew his drone above Merideth’s home—Merideth estimates about 100 feet or less, while Boggs has data that places it above 200 feet. The drone’s exact altitude may not seem crucial, but it is unclear if landowners get to decide who can fly a drone over their property at 100 or even 300 feet, because no one has actually decided yet who owns this slice of airspace (whether you’re allowed to shoot down a drone hovering over your property is an even more complicated question).

For now, businesses, landowners and everyone else is stuck waiting for a verdict on who owns the airspace below 500 feet, and what exactly that ownership entails. But in Merideth’s case, he and Boggs got a definite answer to their dispute. A Bullitt County judge cleared Merideth of all charges in October, saying Boggs’s drone had invaded his privacy. The judge, as quoted by the local news outlet WDRB, put it bluntly: “He had the right to shoot this drone.”

I would so love to shoot down any drone or anything unmanned that came near me house.

wait until they start testing driverless flying cars.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rodu
Champion

Shooting up in the air in a residential neighborhood should be jailable, those bullets are coming down in a trajectory with lethal force somewhere far away
LakeLions
Rookie

yes, shooting down a drone in a residential area is a brilliant idea. And a judge approves. God bless the United States of America.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And the appropriate response would have been..... Oh I don't know, how about call the authorities yourself rather than haul off and start shooting.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

you guys are right of course, except about calling the cops. That would be fruitless.

at least ya all could let a guy have his fantasies :wink:

I don't like the existence of drones and I think they should be banned to the general public and businesses. Only should be for military and police, search and rescue, etc.

I always wondered when watching westerns where the bullets fired in the air in towns were supposed to go.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back