2016 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to win the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 am

Hillary Clinton (Democratic / Running mate: Tim Kaine)
60%
Donald Trump (Republican / Running mate: Mike Pence)
40%

Total votes: 5
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

If I had a vote, I would vote for thelma harper.

I would love the see Donald and thelma in a debate. :cheer:
Last edited by KnowItAll on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

''You'd be in jail,'' says Trump to Hillary.

''Lock her up,'' say Trump's followers.

Welcome to the USA, a would-be banana republic dictatorship. Trump, President for Life.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This election has been something that would be better suited to a Jerry Springer show than a choice for one of the world's most powerful leaders.

What it has revealed in spades is a deeply divided and distrustful populace and the mudslinging, provocative crap from Donald Trump has done absolutely nothing but fan the flames of the unrest in America. More and more we are beginning to hear anecdotal reports of school yard bullying of minority children. Comments like "can't wait to build a wall to keep your types out" bs. In addition, the GOP I believe is about to cease to be a credible representative of the conservative movement in the US. After this bitter and hostile election, there are some that will distrust the GOP as much as distrust their Federal Gov. Conspiracy theories are alive and well in the US. I'm not sure there is anyone among their ranks capable of uniting all their disparate factions.

And sadly, there has already been damage that could effect us. A bad time right now to try and negotiate a softwood lumber agreement with all the protectionist rhetoric being spewed.
I thought our last election was too damn long. I don't think I could stand it if we had a system that took as long to get it done as does the US approach.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The third and final Presidential debate is now over.If you were previously undecided, have you decided on who you want to be the next U.S. President?

Last edited by Robbie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:The third and final Presidential debate is now over.If you were previously undecided, have you decided on who you want to be the next U.S. President?

[video][/video]
can Obama refuse to step down?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm looking to hearing Donald Drumph's concession speech.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In America, it's been discussed about whether Americans are ready to move to Canada if Trump becomes President. Obviously many more Canadians move to America than the other way around and mostly for career-related reasons. That said, an interesting video that talks about 10 reasons why Americans may consider moving to Canada.

But I don't think Americans are ready to pack up and immigrate to Canada right away - unlike numerous Canadian college graduates are ready to move to America for that great job offer to jump start their career.
Last edited by Robbie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I'm looking to hearing Donald Drumph's concession speech.
I can hear it now.

I would like to congratulate Crooked Hillary but the election was rigged from the start and she is such a terrible person. The media has been been horrible in helping to steal this from us. Many people have come up to me all through this election and said that it was unfair. I am considering putting my investigators on this to find who all the people were that took part in this injustice and I will be suing them. Some have suggested that I made some mistakes. I don't know, I don't think so. They are liars and criminals and were probably brought in by Crooked Hillary and Helpless Ryan to rig the election. They are so dishonest. As for my supporters, you have been wonderful. Keep your guns close at hand. Hide them in case they try to take them away from you. I will continue to fight this corrupt system by taking advantage of it in every way possible. Stay at my hotels, and golf on my golf courses and look for me to continue to tell you the absolute truth through my new media company. The Trumpeter Media Network headquartered in Guadalajara. Look also for my new line of clothing the Donald J Crumpet selection of menswear complete with the velcro sealed pockets for ease of groping while looking like your hand is in your pocket.
I will be writing a book soon. "How I was Cheated by a Cheating, Cheater and her Army of Horrible Horrible media types."

God Bless you all except for the Mexicans and Blacks, flat chested or unattractive women, the media, many members of the GOP, illegal alien Obama and any others who aren't white, male, poorly educated and generally dumb enough to believe my schlock. I include the Easter Bunny in this for looking at me critically once. Maybe someone can find a 2nd amendment solution to that one for me.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I'm looking to hearing Donald Drumph's concession speech.
I can hear it now.

I would like to congratulate Crooked Hillary but the election was rigged from the start and she is such a terrible person. The media has been been horrible in helping to steal this from us. Many people have come up to me all through this election and said that it was unfair. I am considering putting my investigators on this to find who all the people were that took part in this injustice and I will be suing them. Some have suggested that I made some mistakes. I don't know, I don't think so. They are liars and criminals and were probably brought in by Crooked Hillary and Helpless Ryan to rig the election. They are so dishonest. As for my supporters, you have been wonderful. Keep your guns close at hand. Hide them in case they try to take them away from you. I will continue to fight this corrupt system by taking advantage of it in every way possible. Stay at my hotels, and golf on my golf courses and look for me to continue to tell you the absolute truth through my new media company. The Trumpeter Media Network headquartered in Guadalajara. Look also for my new line of clothing the Donald J Crumpet selection of menswear complete with the velcro sealed pockets for ease of groping while looking like your hand is in your pocket.
I will be writing a book soon. "How I was Cheated by a Cheating, Cheater and her Army of Horrible Horrible media types."

God Bless you all except for the Mexicans and Blacks, flat chested or unattractive women, the media, many members of the GOP, illegal alien Obama and any others who aren't white, male, poorly educated and generally dumb enough to believe my schlock. I include the Easter Bunny in this for looking at me critically once. Maybe someone can find a 2nd amendment solution to that one for me.
:beauty: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I missed this one however.

I sent my concession to Hillary ages ago via email. She deleted it.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

"FBI reviews new emails -- CNN"

Welcome to the USA, Banana Republic.

"Jail Hillary."

"Burn her at the stake."

"If she wins, take up arms."

"If she wins, reject all Supreme Court nominees."

"Have those 2nd amendment people take care of her."

If Trump is elected how long until he makes unwelcome remarks about and towards Canada?

Some say the USA is too wise to elect him. Not so sure ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

When it comes to wisdom, many in the USA seem conspicuously absent.

With 11 days to go, it is pretty odd to have the FBI reignite an investigation which really isn't an investigation at this point, just a notice of intent. Regardless of what this new development discovers, the outcome of this election is irrevocably tainted. If the Dems, lose, people are going to point the finger at the FBI, if the GOP retains control of the senate and congress, people are going to point at the FBI. The GOP has already been spouting about rigging and bias. Either way, this is bad, all round. I don't even have a stake and from my perspective their whole system looks hopeless. The respective parties don't seem to know the difference between the truth and a lie. They both spend as much time hurling accusations and abuse at each other if not more than actually working to solve the problems that their country has. Motivated self-interest appears more likely than what is good or right. They like to hold their system up as the ultimate expression of democracy. Believe me, if that is the truth, then I sure am glad we don't have it.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well today is the big day in America. Will you be watching the election closely?
祝你龍年行大運。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Well today is the big day in America. Will you be watching the election closely?
what election??
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Republicans currently leading in a few eastern states.
祝你龍年行大運。