2016 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do you want to win the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 am

Hillary Clinton (Democratic / Running mate: Tim Kaine)
60%
Donald Trump (Republican / Running mate: Mike Pence)
40%

Total votes: 5
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Trump kept to his teleprompter. A leopard doesn't change his spots. He'll be back to insulting ways.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

24/7 Trump. In terms of attention, he sucks the air out of a room. LOL

I think he is a fool. He had it made. Billionaire. Private business. All over the world. Babes. Toys. Fame. Fortune.

But, he wanted prestige and power. His ego needs blinded him to all the scheis he would face every day as President. He has surrounded himself with people who are compromised, unable to withstand the scrutiny of the merciless press.

I don't see how it can end well for him. He brought it on himself. Scandals pretty much everyday. The press are like hunting dogs on the scent.

I am no fan of his. I support all the protesters, all of those he does not favour, all of those he has attacked or ripped off. Minorities. Women. Immigrants. The LGBT community. Mexicans. Blacks. Muslims. Refugees. The disabled. Et cetera ... But he doesn't hate those people. LOL Yuh ...

But I do enjoy watching the news, as he and his people dodge and weave, and try to create "alternate reality." It still works for his supporters, but I expect they will continue to gradually dwindle.

Donald Drumph. President. Who would've thunk it? I think he and his people and his supporters were kind of shocked that he won. No wonder they have so many skeletons in the closet. Michael Flynn. Gone. Jeff Sessions next? I actually hope Sessions survives. He is so badly compromised, he might be much less effective defending various Trump people and initiatives.

Next day another news cycle brings us the life of the man in the bird cage. He gave up his freedom. And each day his real self is exposed to more and more people.

Not intended to offend any supporters that he might have on here. If it gets contentious, I will desist from commenting on The Drumph.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I have finally come to the conclusion that Trump is ADD

He has many symptoms . High need for gratification, poor impulse control, inability to learn from past mistakes, short attention span, inability to work well with others, often touting about how much better he is but often fails to live up to his proclamations, highly disorganised and seem to need little sleep. He has made his way in the world because he was fortunate to have money. He has managed to bluster and bully his way through but he has gone from top dog to a member of a chorus and his deficiencies are all too apparent. He can curb his natural tendencies for a short time as he did a few days before his address to Congress but he can't sustain it long term. Hence the lurching from one stupid issue to another. He isn't a manager, he is a managee and a tough one at that. Maybe the only good thing about him is that his enemies seem as fascinated by his next move as everybody else. Almost like they are waiting for him to implode without them doing a thing.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Trump kept to his teleprompter. A leopard doesn't change his spots. He'll be back to insulting ways.
That didn't take long. :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

LOL

Yup. All he has done since my last blog in this thread was to smear his predecessor, Barack Obama, accusing him of doing something illegal (and also pretty much impossible), wiretap Trump Tower during the election cycle. Apparently wiretapping in the USA requires a judge to make a determination, and the FBI to do the work. Comey says it did not happen. Former DNI Clapper says it did not happen. But conspiracy theorist Mark Levin says it happened, and Donald bought it.

Yesterday Trump signed a "new and improved" immigration ban. It will no doubt be contested by some states. It will make the USA less safe, as it will be used by ISIS to recruit new followers.

The GOP introduced its version of ObamaCare. It might not even get enough Republican approval. If enacted it will certainly cut some people off from coverage.

At some point, most people do not want fights every day. Donald has always loved to fight, but he is 70 years old. He is taking on too many people, too many countries, and too many issues that appeal to a relatively narrow support group.

His rage on the weekend is understandable. He is used to getting his way. And he hates disapproval. Well he signed on for major disapproval, each and every day. I do not think the Russia intrigue is going to go away. At different times I expect he will be asking himself why he bothered to run. His fragile, needy psyche made him run. And he will pay the price, over and over.

His instinct was right. He knew he had a chance to win. He knew he could make the sale. He did not properly consider the consequences to his lifestyle and "peace of mind," such as it ever was.

Is he a bit like King Lear? Yeah, in some ways, as with perception problems, misjudgments, disconnection from reality. Is he a bit like Don Quixote? Yeah, I think so, as with tilting at windmills: immigrants, Mexicans invading his country, Obama, the Man from Kenya. LOL

A few chuckles a day, thanks to Donald Drumph. Hopefully he does not burn the house down.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The only problem with King Lear is that it's everybody else's sleep he is murdering
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

* Muslim Ban 2.0 not going well. Blocked by federal judges from two states.

* The Wall. Trump asks Congress for $1.5 B to start. Not asking Mexico to pay. LOL Umm, not going well.

* Repeal ObamaCare. 20 million of the mostly poor to lose coverage. Many Republicans opposed for various reasons. Tax break for the rich.

* WireTapGate. No support for Trump's accusations re Obama. Republicans not happy with Trump's Loose Tweets.

* RussiaGate. Ongoing.

Hey, Donald, how was your day yesterday? Good for the rich. Bad for the poor. OK, then. Attaboy.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anybody out there who really believe what comes out of Drumpf's mouth ? The guy is a loose cannon. Says a lot of things without a shred of evidence.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Don't you know, now Canada is "disgraceful" for what it is doing to Wisconsin dairy farmers. Despite the fact that the US has a 400 million dollar trade surplus in dairy products with us. Despite the fact that even many locals in the region seem to think that the problem is not with Canada but with a massive oversupply on the US side. According to CBC, Wisconsin has more dairy cows than all of Canada put together. Trump has taken another swipe at another ally. Good going Donald. You have just made my mind up to curtail future trips and expenditures south of the border until you and your minions are gone.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So here we go with the lumber issue again. This will hurt the local economy a lot. I wonder if it is time for Canada to consider sourcing it's new fighter jets from somewhere other than the US?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I know it would hurt in the near future, but I think if we put a total freeze on raw log export to usa, then they would have to sing another tune about the lumber since their own mills would not be able to produce enough.

also, I am fed up with the garbage wood that we get locally because all the best lumber goes to the states. Maybe now we Canadian consumers can actually get some quality lumber in the near future.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anyone watched the Alabama senate race tonight ? Democratic Jones pulled an upset over Republican Roy Moore.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm
Anyone watched the Alabama senate race tonight ? Democratic Jones pulled an upset over Republican Roy Moore.
Yes. Good to hear.

The minorities got out to vote this time. They did not do so to the same extent when Hillary lost to Trump.

It is the minorities that will determine the future of the USA. And that ain't good for Trump, nor for the Republican Party.

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Who made a point of watching President Trump's first State of the Union Address last night? At 1 hour and 20 minutes, that was definitely one of the longer addresses though understandably, he did have a lot of topics to cover and he attempted to cover all of them.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。