vancouver drought history

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

does anyone know how to find out when the first water restriction was in Vancouver area? I remember none during the 60s and 70s but was away for the 80s.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:does anyone know how to find out when the first water restriction was in Vancouver area? I remember none during the 60s and 70s but was away for the 80s.
This would be an indirect way to go about it but if you're not having any other luck you might try checking through historical records in governmental climate data archives as extended hot dry periods would correlate quite highly with water restrictions, I would imagine. You could probably even phone up Metro Vancouver offices and just ask them; this link is the first hit when you google the above bolded words.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.