Now its Rob Ford versus Olivia Chow...

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:THankfully the radio station and the FOrd brothers have mutually agreed to cancel their show......
But a TV station have given the Ford brothers their own show entitled Ford Nation. What a joke !
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
notahomer wrote:THankfully the radio station and the FOrd brothers have mutually agreed to cancel their show......
But a TV station have given the Ford brothers their own show entitled Ford Nation. What a joke !
Sometimes bad behaviour gets rewarded. The troubling thing with these two is they feel they are the victims, I think :dizzy: I have two brothers. I can stand alongside them and be there for them for a lot of things.

Rob Ford's brother is Doug, IIRC. Oh great, instead of Bob and Doug it maybe Rob & Doug.....Its got SNL written all over it....
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Saturday Night Live did open with a funny, IMO, Mayor Rob Ford skit........

DId something stupid, had a press conference to apologize....repeat, repeat, repeat.....

The only thing is truth is stranger than fiction. I laughed a few times but the real Ford was funnier this week, IMO but he wasn't trying to be. :cool:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

According to Jay Leno, the Brother Fords 'reality show' has been cancelled after one day of attempted filming......

Leno also played a funny video on last nights show:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/chow-to-r ... yor-of-tto

Olivia Chow will be resigning her seat as an MP to duke it out with Mayor Ford. Methinks Toronto will be having quite an election campaign this fall. I won't be at all surprised if Mayor Ford repeats and defeats Chow for the Mayors Chair....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Chow is a former councilor before deciding to give federal politics a try. I suspect she will give Ford a run for his money.
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote:http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/chow-to-r ... yor-of-tto

Olivia Chow will be resigning her seat as an MP to duke it out with Mayor Ford. Methinks Toronto will be having quite an election campaign this fall. I won't be at all surprised if Mayor Ford repeats and defeats Chow for the Mayors Chair....
Yeah...a depressing, but very real, possibility. "Colorful" scoundrels of all varieties have, for reasons I don't understand, often done well in politics. Edmonton had a crooked mayor, William Hawrelak, who was cited for gross misconduct, was sued (successfully) by the city, and forced to resign, but still managed to win the next mayoral election. Go figure....
notahomer
Hall of Famer

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-pres ... 00155.html

He's finally decided to take leave and get HELP. Long overdue. I sincerely wish him the best and I have no doubt, should he get good professional help, we'll see a new Ford. Not so sure he'll return to politics and definately will lose a lot of his bluster, IMO......... Of course, its his life, I guess we'll see how things turn out.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Too bad his idiot brother kept backing him up all this time. In some ways he is almost worse than Rob. His brother has clearly needed help for a long period but dear old Doug has stood by Rob staunchly proclaiming his innocence and victim-hood all the way along. It's called tough love and Rob has needed it for some time. To bad Doug didn't add his voice to the chorus. Might have pushed Rob to take this step far sooner. Instead he chose to be complicit in Rob's downward spiral and if anything put his brother's life at risk and also helped to perpetuate a hoax on the voters who put their trust in him.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.