So, how do you like him now?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

So many took me to task over my criticism of Campball over the past 10+ yrs.

How do you like him now?

Who gained more than their share of increased Olympic related debt? Who is not in the red re the Olympics?

Who gained anything, economically? Who did not lose anything economically or thru service cuts, etc. Who outside of Metro Vancouver and Whistler got anything concrete or economically from the Olympics beside debt and service cuts?

But forget my personal beefs with the guy and his govt, of which there are many, how do you like the lies and the HST, etc?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

2 words - Glen Clark
nelson95
Legend

Abbotsford Regional Hospital?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

VICIOUSCIRCLE wrote:2 words - Glen Clark
ahh, the old lessor of two evils arguement.

well GC is ancient history having nothing to do with Campbells showing.

I dont know why the goddamn conservatives dont get off their asses and give us a credible 3rd choice.

I hate unions and NDP, but at least when they wasted money on ferries, most if not all of it stayed in bc. Unlike the ferries built in germany thanks to the liberals.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:Abbotsford Regional Hospital?
what about it???
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:

I dont know why the goddamn conservatives dont get off their asses and give us a credible 3rd choice.

I hate unions and NDP, but at least when they wasted money on ferries, most if not all of it stayed in bc. Unlike the ferries built in germany thanks to the liberals.
You mean the ferries that are allowing the ferry workers to earn a living in BC vs the ones that are now in Saudi Arabia (IRRC)?

I am not a Campbell supporter, in fact I do believe that anyone that gains power in today's political circles has obligations and agendas that won't serve the people the way they should. That does mean that I have to select the lessor of two evils.
Entertainment value = an all time low
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

I'm in agreement with Rammer here 100% regarding politicians, they speak for no one other than their backers and who/whatever maybe be on their agenda. We the pee-ons mean nothing regardless of which party may be in power. I'm no Gordo fan but I'm no NDP/Carol James fan either. The lesser of the 2 evils is Gordo depending on your view, but it's sad that these are the leaders (and I use that term loosly) that we have to choose from.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:

You mean the ferries that are allowing the ferry workers to earn a living in BC vs the ones that are now in Saudi Arabia (IRRC)?

I am not a Campbell supporter, in fact I do believe that anyone that gains power in today's political circles has obligations and agendas that won't serve the people the way they should. That does mean that I have to select the lessor of two evils.
the same ferry workers would be earning a living no matter where the liberals had the ferries built.
LFITQ
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Are you a member of the CPC? You an active member in your local EDA? Do you sign up for the policy meetings, the conventions and the other training and information services the Conservatives put together and hold for it's membership?

If you did then you would know why they aren't involved. There isn't enough of a demand for it in BC by the PEOPLE. If enough people signed up to become members and got actively involved in their local EDA, then a message could be sent and organization could happen for the Conservatives to put together a provincial wing in BC.
VICIOUSCIRCLE wrote:I'm in agreement with Rammer here 100% regarding politicians, they speak for no one other than their backers and who/whatever maybe be on their agenda. We the pee-ons mean nothing regardless of which party may be in power. I'm no Gordo fan but I'm no NDP/Carol James fan either. The lesser of the 2 evils is Gordo depending on your view, but it's sad that these are the leaders (and I use that term loosly) that we have to choose from.
The people you have to choose from are a direct result of the membership of each party. Don't like the people in a party? It's simple join the party and elect people you do like. It is amazing how easy it is to get involved but how many people don't do it. Don't something a party stands for? If you like some of their other stances, then join the party, get involved locally and get onto the policies committee and get your ideas submitted. Then get involved and become a delegate to vote on those ideas.

Most political parties have conventions every year where they discuss and put forward motions that define that party. Here's a really neat thing. Many of those motions are put forth by the grass roots. The people of the party who think they are good ideas. And you know who decides what gets into the party policies? More common people who vote on those ideas. And hey, Party Presidents and such get elected by those same common people who have taken the time to get involved. And then the Party leadership is also voted on by the membership of the party. The people working and living beside you. The issue many times, is who gets elected to run for office. A lot of the time there isn't much to choose from because of the pain and work and effort that it takes to put yourself up there to have nothing but pot shots taken at you. Don't like any of the prospective nominees - there is a simple choice - run yourself. You don't want to run, why not?

Hey here is a newsflash - Politicians are people too. They have families and mortgages and bills to pay. They cheer for the sports teams we cheer for. They like to listen to music and play video games and go out for dinner or to the movies. But here's the difference between you, me and them. They are in the spotlight 24/7. They go out and get hammered at Grey Cup and it is front page news and hurts their credibility. You and I take our own photos of the event and brag about how many beers we drank. When we go shopping for clothes, the stores we go to aren't scrutinized and the brands we buy are looked into for deeper meaning. If we decide to hit the mall in our "Saturday special" sweat pants and a t-shirt that should have been thrown away many moons ago, no one is really going to take notice or write an article in a newspaper about it.

Ok that's quite the rant. But this is one thing that really peeves me. People complaining about the political climate or situation but not doing anything about it. As someone who gets involved politically I have personally known several politicians, and while I may not agree with some of their ideas (much like I don't agree with many Rider fans), I will not say they are generally lazy. At least not the ones I have met personally and gotten to know. In fact I would argue that many Canadians are much lazier, because it is easier to complain about something than to actually stand up and make a change yourself. As someone who gets involved, i would relish the idea that there were more people with me getting things done, it would be a lot less work. And when people say they don't like the candidates to choose from, that bugs me because it is the people like me who get active who choose those candidates from the people who have willingly put their names forward.

/soapbox
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:So many took me to task over my criticism of Campball over the past 10+ yrs.

How do you like him now?

Who gained more than their share of increased Olympic related debt? Who is not in the red re the Olympics?

Who gained anything, economically? Who did not lose anything economically or thru service cuts, etc. Who outside of Metro Vancouver and Whistler got anything concrete or economically from the Olympics beside debt and service cuts?

But forget my personal beefs with the guy and his govt, of which there are many, how do you like the lies and the HST, etc?

I like him a whole lot more than the alternatives such as the NDP.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:So many took me to task over my criticism of Campball over the past 10+ yrs.

How do you like him now?

yeah, but thats not saying much
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:

How do you like him now?

yeah, but thats not saying much
Didn't say it did. Incumbant politicians get replaced. It's only a matter of how long it takes for a given person or party. The population gets tired of the BS from one party and hopes the alternative is better.

Sometimes it is for awhile but then the worm turns.

Can't really say I like any party or polictian. Need to take them all with a large dose of alcohol.