Thank God for island tv stations

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

BTW. I believe the Fast Ferries are still sitting in BC somewhere getting rusty. The buyers are trying to figure out what to do with them IIRC.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:BTW. I believe the Fast Ferries are still sitting in BC somewhere getting rusty. The buyers are trying to figure out what to do with them IIRC.
I had to check on that, but I think that they are gone now as it is a July 2009 CBC article.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... -sold.html
British Columbia's three fast ferries have been sold to Abu Dhabi Mar, a yacht-building company based in the United Arab Emirates, said its previous owners North Vancouver-based Washington Marine Group.

The details of the transaction are confidential, but Washington Marine Group said the PacifiCat catamaran vessels will be moved from Vancouver harbour by deep-sea vessel. The first ferry is to be transported next month.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Well, it does say that the first one is supposed to be transported next month. That would have been last August according to the date of the article.

I could have sworn that I saw something in late fall about them still being here.