The Pauser passes away

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

I caught the tail end of Sportstalk last week and thought I heard them talking about his demise. Well Paul Lafleur(age 60) aka The Pauser, passed away Oct.26/09 according to the Sat. Sun Obit notice. Some of you will remember his imfamous or famous forays with Russell. RIP Pauser. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Robbie
Hall of Famer

http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/Obi ... =135237956
LAFLEUR Paul Paul, age 60, passed away in hospital October 26 after a lengthy illness. Predeceased by his parents, he is survived by his brothers; Maurice, Robert and Ted, and their families. Known as The Pauser, Paul will also be remembered and missed by many old friends and hockey fans. No service at this time.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
The_Pauser
Legend

RIP Paul. You were an inspiration.
Roar you Lions roar!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

OK. I'm confused.
Real women wear orange!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

RIP ...

... and not to be confused with The Pauser who blogs here, it would seem, who has posted comments here since the time of passing of the radio Pauser.

Farewell to a sports fan. RIP
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm asking this on all the boards I post on, but do people feel I should change my username out of respect? Or would this serve more as a tribute?
Roar you Lions roar!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:I'm asking this on all the boards I post on, but do people feel I should change my username out of respect? Or would this serve more as a tribute?
Keep it. BB
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:I'm asking this on all the boards I post on, but do people feel I should change my username out of respect? Or would this serve more as a tribute?
Your call, Man. Either way is fine.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think you should keep it but it is thoughtful to ask. :thup:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

No, keep your username as most people would say that the Pauser was very controversial and argumentative, so he doesn't really deserve any serious respect. So if anything, if you do want to change your username, it would be because you don't want to be mistaken as that controversial poster.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:OK. I'm confused.
During Dan Russell's Sportstalk in the late eighties and early nineties, the Pauser was someone who would often initiate the censors. Russell would often get into arguments with him. And often, he would talk so much but suddenly stop with long pauses, so that's how he got his name.
祝你龍年行大運。
The_Pauser
Legend

Well I think I'll keep it then. I actually liked Pauser and thought he was great for radio. Sure many of his ideas were completely insane, but you knew of him. I knew of him. Most people knew of him and he was just plain entertaining to listen to. Regardless of whether or not you agreed with him, he was controversial and meant ratings. Controversy creates cash, and I think the radio stations really missed out with not trying to get more of him on their shows. Obviously too much of him would have turned people off, but in the right doses, he would have been a huge ratings booster.

But now we will never get to see (hear) that unfortunately. May he rest in peace. He will always be remembered.
Roar you Lions roar!
orangegloves
Starter

I remember working as a producer at the Team 1040 in the early years of that station, and getting yelled at by the Pauser because I would always egg him on, and he would be getting ticked that he would be using up all of his material on me instead of the host. That was always funny, he will be missed.
MacNews
Team Captain

The Pauser was always entertaining to listen to, and he definitely knew his stuff.

He will be missed.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:Well I think I'll keep it then. I actually liked Pauser and thought he was great for radio. Sure many of his ideas were completely insane, but you knew of him. I knew of him. Most people knew of him and he was just plain entertaining to listen to. Regardless of whether or not you agreed with him, he was controversial and meant ratings. Controversy creates cash, and I think the radio stations really missed out with not trying to get more of him on their shows. Obviously too much of him would have turned people off, but in the right doses, he would have been a huge ratings booster.

But now we will never get to see (hear) that unfortunately. May he rest in peace. He will always be remembered.
I remember a lot of battles Paul and Dan had, mostly about the Canucks, but Dan did have him on to host to see what it was like at his end. Anyone remember that. BB