Cell Phone Questions...

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

This site has a couple of options for you...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rate+plans+from+ro ... do%2C+solo
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

I have chat. No plans. You buy a phone and tell Telus, this is what I do with it. They actually downgraded me to a cheaper plan. I bought a phone at a garage sale because the owner wanted to upgrade. Stick with Telus, There are horror stories I'm sure, but I'm sure there are horror stories with anyone.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Stick with Telus. Do not go to one of those stores, but phone up the company. Tell them you're starting to see some good deals from other carriers but thought you'd give them a call before you switched. They'll give you something dirt cheap and throw in extra's for free. I just went through this proccess and got treated good.

cheers.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Just do the CFL a favour and stay away from Roger's - but that's just my CFL bias coming through.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Soundy
Hall of Famer

You could also consider a pay-as-you-go option, where you just buy minutes and use them as you need them. Most have short expiry times - 30 to 60 days - where the minutes must be used or they go "stale"... but there are a couple exceptions, like Petro Canada Mobility, where you have up to six months to use your minutes. I have a friend who lives in Yale and works for CP Rail along the Fraser Canyon, where there's little or no coverage in his territory, but he still wanted a phone for those odd times he comes in to town and we want to meet up, or when he's going to visit his kids in Revelstoke... this one seemed like the best option.

Just a side note, BTW: federal law dictates that any phone must work with 911 regardless of whether it's activated on a network. If you have or acquire an old phone with a car charger, you can keep it in your glove box, or give it to a relative or friend, to keep in their car for emergencies.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
bclions16
Champion

LFITQ wrote:Just do the CFL a favour and stay away from Roger's - but that's just my CFL bias coming through.
:thup: :thup: :thup:
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Could you latch onto a family member's plan? I know with Bell and Telus, you can do it for $10/month more than what the contract holder is paying. Unless everyone in your family maxes out on their monthly minutes.