Alberta drivers

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

Why do people from alberta load up their trailers and then drive around in the passing lanes of BC highways as slow as possible? Just wondering.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Many years ago, Denny Boyd, the late and great sports writer, told a story about Alberta drivers.

A friend of Boyd's was visiting from Australia. At that time, license plates for Alberta were yellow.

After seeing some sights on the streets of Vancouver, the visitor remarked to Boyd: "Your system is very good here. I see you make all the bad drivers use yellow license plates." :wink:
Lui05
Rookie

WestCoastJoe wrote:Many years ago, Denny Boyd, the late and great sports writer, told a story about Alberta drivers.

A friend of Boyd's was visiting from Australia. At that time, license plates for Alberta were yellow.

After seeing some sights on the streets of Vancouver, the visitor remarked to Boyd: "Your system is very good here. I see you make all the bad drivers use yellow license plates." :wink:
:whs:

I was going to say the exact same thing except I didn't remember who was the source of the quote. Thanks for the info!
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
Bobbyp
Champion

Its just because they dont know where the hell they are going. I went to Van last friday I have no idea how you guys deal with that traffic, it was insane.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
crburrows
Champion

Bobbyp wrote:Its just because they dont know where the hell they are going. I went to Van last friday I have no idea how you guys deal with that traffic, it was insane.
Man, the worst is the Hope-Princeton highway.

On the single-lane curvy parts, they drive 20 km/h, then, when there's a stretch with a passing lane, they ramp it up to 140, letting only 1 or 2 BC drivers past them.

:shock:
Rammer
Team Captain

crburrows wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:Its just because they dont know where the hell they are going. I went to Van last friday I have no idea how you guys deal with that traffic, it was insane.

On the single-lane curvy parts, they drive 20 km/h, then, when there's a stretch with a passing lane, they ramp it up to 140, letting only 1 or 2 BC drivers past them.

Totally agree with yo there, as I drive that stretch a fair bit.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

crburrows wrote:

Get the same thing all the time on the Sea-to-Sky Highway, except it's other BC drivers being the jerks.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
nelson95
Legend

plenty of BC a-holes with Alberta plates
Give the ball to LeeRoy!