My car rules

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

My 23 yr old topaz goes thru the high snow better than any other non 4wd. Including bigger heavier front wheel drive cars. I drive past others who are stuck, (sometimes stopping to help when I have the time and or there is no one else), and I feel the same little bit of smug superiority that many in their 4x4s do. :thup: :rockin: :yahoo: :yes: :beauty: :roar: :tease:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

The million-dollar question: Do you have snow-tires on?

FWD or 4x4 is useless if your tires have no grip.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:The million-dollar question: Do you have snow-tires on?

FWD or 4x4 is useless if your tires have no grip.
I just have good quality all season.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

If I recall correctly, the Topaz is a heavy car for a compact. That is probably part of what is helping. Skill of the driver often has a bit to do with it as well.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:If I recall correctly, the Topaz is a heavy car for a compact. That is probably part of what is helping. Skill of the driver often has a bit to do with it as well.
right on both accounts :thup: :yes: :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

My co-worker has an AWD Previa minivan... he put new snow tires on it and just loves it. Said the first big snow, he took it into a parking lot and TRIED to get it to spin out... just wouldn't happen.

Our Jeep has pretty decent all-seasons and had very little problem with the snow... only when it started really getting wet and heavy did we get bogged down (and that was only when I tried going through some really deep stuff).

Used to have an '82 Subaru GL, FWD only, but it was fantastic in the snow. The low CG from the Subbie's boxer engine really helps.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
zark
Champion

I have a full sized van. People told me you can't make it in Kamloops with that. I have half good snows and 4 sand bags in the back. No problems. I agree with the skill of the driver aspect as well. Ive seen plenty of SUV's and jeeps in the ditch around Kamloops.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx