Q.B. coach?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

prairielion
Starter

With Khari Jones becoming the Ti-cats QB coach, where does that leave Danny McManus? Did i miss something, or was he not their QB coach last season? There has been talk on here of the Lions needing a new QB coach and I was wondering what everyone thought of Danny Mac as a potential. This is just wondering and nothing more, but I think he would be a very good calming influence and mentor for Buck and Zac. I know that he wasn't the most efficient when it come to TD's to picks ratio, but he never seemed to be rattled by it, and had a great career dispite that. Anyways, probably would never happen, just wondered what others thought.
Still in Riderville, hating the Riders!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Promotion of McManus to Offensive Coordinator ? Wasn't Marcel Bellefuille the offensive coordinator before he was appointed Head Coach ?
Lion King
Rookie

With McManus, that seems to me to be the most logical step for him.
wildthing
All Star

Danny Mac has said he does not want to coach. He is moving into a scouting role with the team.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

wildthing wrote:Danny Mac has said he does not want to coach. He is moving into a scouting role with the team.
I found this on the Ti-Cat website. Is this a FT job? I couldn't find the above info as I was wondering about this too and googled to find this info. I found it odd that he didnt want to be around coaching. He seemed a natural but like a lot of guys he is not maybe wanting to work the hours these assistants work.

Danny McManus

Danny McManus will begin his first season as the Tiger-Cats Southeast Regional Scout in 2009 after spending 2008 as a coaching consultant with the Black and Gold.

During his first season on the Cats coaching staff, McManus assisted with the offence and also worked with the Ticats quarterbacks.

As a player, McManus enjoyed one of the Canadian Football League’s most illustrious careers, spending 17 seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Edmonton Eskimos, Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Calgary Stampeders.

McManus played eight seasons with the Ticats, breaking several team passing records including career passing yards (33,841), career touchdown passes (164), career pass completions (2,368) and single season passing yards (5,334). In 1999, he enjoyed his finest season in Black and Gold, earning the CFL Most Outstanding Player award, was named both a CFL and East Division All-Star and was named Most Valuable Player in the team’s 1999 Grey Cup victory.

At the time of his retirement, McManus finished his career second in all-time CFL passing yards with 53,255, and ranked second with 6,689 pass attempts and 3,640 pass completions. He also finished sixth all-time in regular season games with 298 while suiting up in 18 playoff games and six Grey Cups. He won three Grey Cup titles with three separate teams in 1990 (Winnipeg), 1994 (B.C.) and 1999 (Hamilton).

Before joining the Ticats staff, McManus spent one season as an analyst for TSN’s CFL broadcast coverage.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lion King
Rookie

It seems they left BC off the list. Oh, well, we will still take the Grey Cup.

It is nice to see Danny Mac, still involved with the team.