Happy Birthday, General!

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:What kind of speeds can it attain for those of us dealing with highway driving on a regular basis?

Also, how does the electric car handle the cold temps and plowing through the snow (and I'm not talking the skiffs Vancouver gets)?
Oops sorry, missed this for a while.

The Volt is designed to travel at 4 times Vancouver Driving Speed, or in other words, 120-160 km/h. The battery efficiency is being tested in a series of mules ( 2006 Chevy Malibus with Volt drivetrains) and the average that was reached last winter is said to be some 55-60 km, as opposed to 65 or so in the Sun Belt.

Volt Production Vehicle:

Volt Test Mule in an '06 Malibu body:

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote: The Volt is designed to travel at 4 times Vancouver Driving Speed, or in other words, 120-160 km/h.
wow, I had no idea the limit in vancouver is 30-40 km/h?? Have I ever been doing some serious speeding.

or are you referring to school zones??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Solar Max wrote: The Volt is designed to travel at 4 times Vancouver Driving Speed, or in other words, 120-160 km/h.
wow, I had no idea the limit in vancouver is 30-40 km/h?? Have I ever been doing some serious speeding.

He was referring not so much the speed limits as the speeds people actually drive regardless of the posted limit! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:

Where exactly did I say "Speed Limit"? You have me at a disadvantage. :wink:

It's a running joke that I can never get close to 50 hm/h in Vancouver (trying to get to the Ferries and all), although traffic on Clark/Knight was good last night, unlike most nights. All the sightseers must have been in bed by 10.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:

Where exactly did I say "Speed Limit"? You have me at a disadvantage. :wink:

It's a running joke that I can never get close to 50 hm/h in Vancouver (trying to get to the Ferries and all), although traffic on Clark/Knight was good last night, unlike most nights. All the sightseers must have been in bed by 10.
I dunno, except for the middle of rush hr, I drive most of the time in van between 50-60 on main streets??? Except maybe for downtown.

my mistake, I assumed speed limit.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:my mistake, I assumed speed limit.
As I said, it's me, not you that has bad luck chasing Ferries.