Astronaut love triangle leads to attempted kidnapping charge

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Realistically how much time she saved by wearing diapers. She still had to stop for gas along the way................
Lionut
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Realistically how much time she saved by wearing diapers. She still had to stop for gas along the way................
Just a guess, but I don't think that rational thought played a terribly prominent role here. She had gone right off the deep end, but was still intelligent enough to be a danger to herself and others.

What freaked me out (other than the adult diapers, of course) was the list of items they seized from her car -- BB gun, steel mallet, latex gloves, rubber tubing, a folding knife, and garbage bags. :shock: It sounds like she was getting ready to make another "Saw" sequel. Her lawyer is still clinging stubbornly to the, "She just wanted to scare the victim into talking to her," line, and is adopting a, "prove it" stance when it comes to the plans for the other items. It's pretty tough not to conclude, however, that the plan was to kill the woman and then dismember her body. The smartest decision the victim ever made was not opening that car door - she might be dead now if she had.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
pinkfreud

Ya, the fact that she had all of those items in her car leads me to think she wanted to do more than scare the woman. If she only wanted to scare her, she could have done so without putting herself in a position where she would appear guilty of attempted murder. And if she intended to just scare the woman, how would that cause her to be on the run to such an extent that she couldn't stop to pee?

As much as this woman had accomplished a high level of achievement, career wise, it doesn't preclude going off the deep end and acting irrationally if she has huge emotional needs and sees this guy as being the only source of meeting those needs. It would be the emotional equivalent to physically starving to death and clawing out the eyes of the one who threatens to take away your food source. The fact that she went after the other woman and not the guy himself suggests she still saw him as a "source" and that she intended to eliminate the competition (although he may well have been next). Goodness knows what the emotional history of this woman and the dynamics of her relationship with this guy involves. Sometimes (certainly not all the time) high achievers are the neediest and most unhappy of the bunch, throwing themselves into their work and chasing success with a zeal that suggests their life depends on it. This was probably a combination of such neediness, some dude who fed her BS consistent with what she needed to hear, disillusionment and anger if she found out she was duped and some pretty scary sociopathic tendencies. Human nature seems to lead people to exploit each other to get what they need emotionally, but it can be a dangerous game with unanticipated results!
Last edited by pinkfreud on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wonder what the wife of the male astronaunt is thinking ? :lol:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Realistically how much time she saved by wearing diapers. She still had to stop for gas along the way................
The diaper angle seems to getting a lot of run, but astronauts actually do wear diapers on missions during launch and re-entry, so I think that was an added trigger in that decision.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I guess there must be a few astronauts on the Roughriders then because they usually s**t themselves when they meet the Lions.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Dan Russell
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
The diaper angle seems to getting a lot of run, but astronauts actually do wear diapers on missions during launch and re-entry, so I think that was an added trigger in that decision.
Yea she just forgot to take them off. She's not an nutcase. 8)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

If you are wondering what happened to Lisa Nowak, On November 10, 2009, Nowak entered a guilty plea to lesser charges than those originally brought against her. She was sentenced to a year's probation and the two days already served in jail, with no additional jail time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573 ... latestnews
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。