33%
Nuffy's
No votes
Tim Hortons
67%

Total votes: 18
Robbie
Hall of Famer

This last poll will deal with donut shops. For a long time, it seemed like the only franchise donut shop in Greater Vancouver was Nuffy's. It was only about 10 years ago did it seem like Nuffy's had their first competitor in the form of Tim Hortons, despite the fact that the latter was founded long before that in Ontario. And it was only much more recent that Krispy Kreme opened their shop in Delta.

When Krispy Kreme opened their first franchise in Greater Seattle, it was so popular that customers were willing to wait three hours just to get some.

Because of nostalgic reasons, I'll choose Nuffy's. Krispy Kreme is very sweet and can easily give you a toothache if you eat too much of their original glazed donuts.

Franchises that exist in Ontario but not in BC include Coffee Time, Country Style, Dunkin' Donuts, and Robin's Donuts.
Last edited by Robbie on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My vote goes to Tim Horton's
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

For chains, I go with Timmys. Did not like Kripy Kreme and have never heard of Nuffy's, go figure.

Mostly, I go to a local dutch bakary whose donuts are way better than the rest. Specially whipped cream filled chocolate covered long johns. :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Shelion
Champion

Tim Hortons :thup:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

what about Robbins??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Arny
Champion

Timmy's
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Krispy Kreme are waaaaay overrated.
LFITQ
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:what about Robins??
:whs:

:? :?

We have 2 Timmy's and one Robin's. Robin's is where I went for coffee before my 1st daughter was born.

Never even seen a Krispy Kreme and have never heard of Nuffy's.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like none of you have ever heard of Nuffy's Gourmet Donuts. They used to be very popular with outlets in many areas. But now, it seems like they are limited to just one store in Richmond.

I used to go to their store at the small plaza at W. 49th Ave and Oak. It is now a Cyclone Taylor sports shop.

http://www.nuffys.com/main-2.htm
bc49
Hall of Famer

There used to be a Nuffy's at E Columbia and Braid in NewWest but that's been gone for years now. When I grew up in Nanaimo in the late 50's there were 2 Robins Donuts, both now gonzo.
For sure these smaller independent and franshised donut shops really took it in the teeth with the aggresive expansion of Tim Horton's.
Even the mighty Krispy Kreme has slowed expansion plans due to the huge market share of TH.