Woodward's BC Lions Sweater

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

A couple of years ago I bought a BC Lions knitting pattern on EBay that was from Woodwards in the 1950s. I am not a knitter but I thought it looked pretty cool and unique. Not knowing what is it involved in making a sweater, I asked my mother in law who does knit if she could make it for me. Well she very kindly agreed to take on this huge project and today I got to see and wear my one of a kind, Woodward's BC Lions sweater!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Looks good. But funny thing - I remember the Woodwards QB club crests and of course busing down to Park Royal to get tickets to the games but don't recall more than the crests we sewed on our own jackets.

Don't recall the pattern either as all of us kids in our family had Indian sweaters knitted by our mom. I definitely would have got that pattern IF I was aware of it... lol.... but that was a long time ago.

I am racking my brain to think if they had jackets for the QB club?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
prj
Starter

Somewhere, deep in the failing memory banks, this image stirred something. I remember seeing these sweaters in the stands at Empire.
CardiacKid
Legend

The Museum of Vancouver has an example of this sweater in their collections. The link to the description is here:

http://openmov.museumofvancouver.ca/obj ... ame-raw%5D

And here is another picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I think I know where I was thinking wrong. You said pattern was from Woodwards so I thought QB club.

Now I am vaguely recalling that there were fans with this sweater as in those days Indian sweaters as I think they were called in those days were very in vogue and fashion.

I was trying to recall that in the QB club but misled myself.

I like it if it had a number.

If it were the Canucks these days with such a copy - they'd be all over it for copyright violations haha. Not sure of the Lions though.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy