you'll lead us on to football fame
we love the L the I the O N S
Come on and roar you lions,
roar you lions .....roar you lions roar
rah, rah, rah!

Listen to the Full Song Here
(Warning Large MP3 File)

Thanks to Lions Fan in the Queue for the audio
A music video of that team song showing the 1964 Grey Cup.

Lyrics by Edmonton broadcaster Peggy Miller of radio station CJCA, to the tune of The Sunshine of Your Smile, a 1913 classic. Credited to "J. MacDonald - J. Hoffman".

I know I mentioned this a few times before and I'll mention it again because of the video. Overall, what do you think about this Lions chant and lyrics and how does it compare to other ones in Lions franchise history?

When it comes to Lions chants, do you judge the chant by itself or do you have any personal biases towards the seasons in which the chants was used? I.e., you love the season so you love the chant, you dislike the season so you dislike its chant.

I'd say there's a fair amount of correlation on how popular that chant vs. how good the team was during the seasons when the Lions used that chant. That includes me and as a result of a certain game, I prefer that chant over another one that may be very popular one among fans.

The other specific chant that I mentioned often is the one used in 1991 in which the Lions season slogan was POWER! Everytime the Doug Flutie and Lions scored a touchdown, there was the tune:
LIONS!....Oh Uh Oh Oh.....POWER!

That chant was very popular in the exciting 1991 season and compared to Peggy Miller-Day's chant, you may agree that the POWER chant sounded much more louder, powerful, deterministic, stronger, macho, and energetic while Roar You Lions Roar sounds more weaker, traditional, and old fashioned with a band in the background. But the fact of the matter is, in my opinion the 1991 was an extremely disappointing and frustrating season with the Lions terrible defence ruining the hard-earned points generated by the Lions offence and resulting in a losing home record and an early exit in the playoffs and along with that, the Lions Power chant as well.

On the other hand, I was totally ecstatic in the 2006 WDF when the Lions scored several quick touchdowns in the second quarter and essentially put the game away with a landslide, blowout victory and in the excitement of those quick touchdowns, Roar You Lions Roar was played during that time. The Lions then put on a solid performance in the 2006 Grey Cup.

So as a result, I prefer Roar You Lions Roar over LIONS!....Oh Uh Oh Ooooohhhhh.....POWER! anytime.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。