Touchdown Pacific in Victoria 2024

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:20 pm
Heard the opponent will be the RedBlacks which makes sense as the league reverts back to a balanced schedule.

Year 3 upcoming for Doman’s ownership and he is swinging for the fences to build the brand, taking his ”BC” Lions where they have never gone before.
What other team in the league would be willing to take this on in the same year they are hosting the Grey Cup?

And we know it will be far more than just playing game with Lions bringing the entire fan experience to Victoria and more.

2024 shaping up to be one special year for the franchise off the field at least.

Redblacks is easy decision .. they are worst draw.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Qman wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
Heard the opponent will be the RedBlacks which makes sense as the league reverts back to a balanced schedule.

Year 3 upcoming for Doman’s ownership and he is swinging for the fences to build the brand, taking his ”BC” Lions where they have never gone before.
What other team in the league would be willing to take this on in the same year they are hosting the Grey Cup?

And we know it will be far more than just playing game with Lions bringing the entire fan experience to Victoria and more.

2024 shaping up to be one special year for the franchise off the field at least.

Sport fans in Victoria, probably not a good draw either.
maxlion
Legend

David wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:33 am
I do think demand will far exceed supply for this contest. Hard to believe there won't be at least 4K-5K of Mainlanders and CFL fans from other cities. So it won't take many locals to fill the place.

DH :cool:
Personally, I can't wait. I'm going to be on the ticket site the moment that tickets go on sale. I ride my bike past RAP on the way to work everyday. Watching a Lions game there will be an unforgettable experience.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Qman wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:57 pm
SammyGreene wrote:

This year that honour went to Montreal. Last year it was Toronto. Ottawa was 2nd worst this year edged out by Calgary by about 200 for 3rd worst.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It likely doesn't matter who the Lions play in Victoria, the game will sell.

Victoria has over the years attracted lots of fans to sporting events.

Fewer games at BC Place can make those other games a bit more desirable.

This owner is doing his part to market the CFL, something very necessary.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions aren't giving fans much time to decide whether they will use their season tickets for Touchdown Pacific. I got an email today giving me until this Wednesday, March 6, to declare whether I will use my tickets or surrender them for public sale. Given that it would probably require an expensive flight from Kamloops and at least one night's stay in Victoria on a long weekend when we usually get lots of company, I decided to give up my tickets. I'm sure there are plenty of Island fans and others who don't mind the trip across the water. I can watch the game at home.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:42 pm
The Lions aren't giving fans much time to decide whether they will use their season tickets for Touchdown Pacific. I got an email today giving me until this Wednesday, March 6, to declare whether I will use my tickets or surrender them for public sale. Given that it would probably require an expensive flight from Kamloops and at least one night's stay in Victoria on a long weekend when we usually get lots of company, I decided to give up my tickets. I'm sure there are plenty of Island fans and others who don't mind the trip across the water. I can watch the game at home.
I'm somewhat similar. I have no frickin' idea if I can make it and probably won't know until after the regular season gets under way. My sidekick and I decided to hang onto them. If we can sell them thru resale later as both of us are originally from the Comox Valley we have plenty of friends up there and in Victoria I'm sure will be happy to take them off our hands.
don corleone
Starter

Curious how they are including the Grey Cup option and if they are asking for money now for that. I would love to see home town season ticket holders get a deal on their seats.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

don corleone wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:37 am
Curious how they are including the Grey Cup option and if they are asking for money now for that. I would love to see home town season ticket holders get a deal on their seats.
I bought my Grey Cup tickets last November when I renewed my season tickets and switched seats for 2024. They're paid for. I don't know whether I got a discount. End zone seats are already cheap. It cost me $485.50 per seat for 10 games plus Grey Cup. I'll get a credit for surrendering my Touchdown Pacific tickets.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

don corleone wrote:
I signed up for the 3 Year Dome Field Advantage plan when it was offered back in late 2022. As a result I was able to buy my GC seat at 25% discount plus extra (2 seats per each seat in my account) GC tickets at 25% off plus 8 additional seats per account at regular pricing.

The window for the offer opened on Feb 20th and remains open for another 10 days.
don corleone
Starter

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am
don corleone wrote:
I bought my Grey Cup tickets last November when I renewed my season tickets and switched seats for 2024. They're paid for. I don't know whether I got a discount. End zone seats are already cheap. It cost me $485.50 per seat for 10 games plus Grey Cup. I'll get a credit for surrendering my Touchdown Pacific tickets.
Very reasonable for a full season of entertainment. Especially for Vancouver.

I searched 2024 Grey Cup tickets and see listings on Stubhub ranging from $350 to $900+ for the GC game alone so it sounds like the home fans are being treated right. It's looking now as if this could be a year in Lions history that will be remembered for a long time. Hopefully for the right reasons.

Now I am curious how season ticket sales are going? Working through Hambone's equation seems you could make money by buying the extra seats and selling them provided there is a demand. Flip side is a bunch of Rider fans that did the same thing when they last hosted and ate the tickets.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

don corleone wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:16 am
B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:15 am
don corleone wrote:
Very reasonable for a full season of entertainment. Especially for Vancouver.

I searched 2024 Grey Cup tickets and see listings on Stubhub ranging from $350 to $900+ for the GC game alone so it sounds like the home fans are being treated right. It's looking now as if this could be a year in Lions history that will be remembered for a long time. Hopefully for the right reasons.

Now I am curious how season ticket sales are going? Working through Hambone's equation seems you could make money by buying the extra seats and selling them provided there is a demand. Flip side is a bunch of Rider fans that did the same thing when they last hosted and ate the tickets.
The idea of buying extra tickets with the thought of profiting is really risky. Of the 40 GCs I've attended the host team has participated 8 times. BC leads with 3 appearances but in 9 hostings for a 1 in 3 average. Edmonton (1 in 5), Saskatchewan (1 in 4), Hamilton (1 in 3), Montreal (1 in 3) and Toronto (1 in 5) round out the rest. Calgary, Ottawa and Winnipeg have never played in a GC they hosted since 1983.

For a period of time in the late 90s, early 2000s when money was much tighter I bought my tickets outside the stadium and never paid more than 75% of face value. The downside of that was instead of enjoying myself I'd spend a lot of GC week worrying about getting a ticket. The 1 or 3 times I did buy an extra ticket, thinking I could find a home amongst my large circle of GC regulars, I had a helluva time finding a buyer. I said to myself no more of that I'll look out for #1 and get a ticket for myself. Now that money is no longer the factor it once was I like to secure my seat as soon as they are available to me as a Lions ST holder.

When it comes to offers from the Lions to buy extra GC seats I will never play the high risk speculation game. I canvas friends and offer to use my ST privileges to get them tickets. I think in 2011 I hooked friends up with 12 tickets. This year I've already hooked up one group with 5 and am waiting for answers for the other 5 I can get. To show how amazing technology is I got the thumbs up from my PG buddy to get 5 in Level 2 pricing. He was back home in PG while I'm in Mazatlan. I was having a beer at a Mazatlan bar when the email came through advising the window to buy extra tickets was now open. I clicked on the link that took me into my Lions account then Ticketmaster and within 5 minutes had processed the order for 5 tickets in 243. I let my buddy know it was a done deal and the cost per ticket. Within 24 hours him and his 4 buddies had EFT'd the money to me.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have released more details about Touchdown Pacific. Royal Athletic Park will be expanded to 14,000 seats for the game on Saturday, Aug. 31. Single-game tickets go on sale March 28, with prices ranging from $44 to $112.

https://www.bclions.com/touchdown-pacific
Hambone
Hall of Famer

My buddy and I were today advised of our TD Pacific seats. Very similar to our BCP seats. We were given Sec 17 row 15 seats 16&17 which will put us between the 50s 15 rows up behind the BC bench. Definitely prime seats.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Apparently CHEK TV in Victoria offered pre-sale opportunities for 2 days last week. In the email that advised me of my seat location there was a link to buy additional seats. Supposedly it was good until the 29th but when I click on it I'm being told there are no seats available. Could it already be sold out?