Playoff Thread - Conference Finals

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm
Strange call by Maas to go for the field goal on third and 4 from the 13 yard line with 1:48 left. 32-28 Calgary.
Coaching blunder of the year.
CardiacKid
Legend

Rooting for Toronto all the way now. Mostly for Ricky Ray, Marc Trestman and the league as a whole needs a viable Argo franchise.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm
Strange call by Maas to go for the field goal on third and 4 from the 13 yard line with 1:48 left. 32-28 Calgary.
Coaching blunder of the year.
Enough to get him canned?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary and Toronto in the Grey Cup. Calgary should be extra motivated to make amends for last year
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

never did like maas as coach.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Stampeders coach Dave Dickenson lifted the west division championship trophy, but when offered to his players they all declined it. Let's see in seven days if that's a good omen since the Argonauts players did lift their trophy.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

going into the playoffs, 9 possible combinations from the cup game. This one is the worst for me, sigh.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 pm
Stampeders coach Dave Dickenson lifted the west division championship trophy, but when offered to his players they all declined it. Let's see in seven days if that's a good omen since the Argonauts players did lift their trophy.
Bo wanted nothing to do with that trophy. LOL

Dickiey got handed the trophy before he could duck away. Ha ha
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm
Rooting for Toronto all the way now. Mostly for Ricky Ray, Marc Trestman and the league as a whole needs a viable Argo franchise.
X2. It’s a rematch of the 100th Grey Cup in 2012, which was won by the Argos.
BC 1988
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm
Mass f***ed up. Ha ha
That was fun to see that arrogant SOB with no one to blame but himself.

A rematch of 2012. Rickie Ray spent much of 2013-16 injured, or TOR would have got back in the GC sooner. They are playing better now than when they last faced CGY in August, but it will come down to controlling Finch and Messam.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Maas said after the game that he doesn’t regret his decision. At least he can spend the next 6 months thinking about it.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I always thought that Maas would loose his mind as a result of being unable to deal with the frustration that comes when things don't go his way, but this bizarre loss of mind was self induced.

I also though Maas had a high football IQ, but now????

If he had gambled on 3rd down and not made it then Stamps would get the ball on their own 13 yard line. Did Maas really think that Stamps would end up with worse field position after a post FG kick off???

This was one of the worst HC mistakes in CFL history.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I was one for one today. I picked the Riders, totally underestimating how good the Argos defence. for I did not see them much this year and forgetting Glenn is a hot and cold quarterback, hot last week, cold as ice this week, throwing up 3 interceptions. It was like he was playing for BC again.

Calgary I thought would win and they did, aided by that stupid call by Maas.

I have been neutral in the playoffs so far, rooting for no one, just watching as a fan without any emotion tied to one team.

As for the Grey Cup, since I was a kid, my father told me always root for the Western team and that will not change this time. I will be rooting for Calgary to win. Best team in the league this year. I do not see them losing again in the Grey Cup. Hope for a good game.
ZLions
Rookie

Kevin Glenn showed us again why he does not have a ring despite being in this league for well over a decade. Good in the regular season but simple does not deliver when the games really matter. Brandon Bridge was impressive though, I’m sure he’s done enough to be the Riders starter next year.

Really wanted to see Sask win the East but oh well. Anyways like I said before the playoffs, if Calgary does not win it all this year it will be an epic choke on their part. Far too many great regular seasons for Calgary for the past few seasons and not enough to show for it, no way they blow it again this year.
CardiacKid
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm
As for the Grey Cup, since I was a kid, my father told me always root for the Western team and that will not change this time. I will be rooting for Calgary to win. Best team in the league this year. I do not see them losing again in the Grey Cup. Hope for a good game.
Funny, my parents raised me to never, ever root for Edmonton under any circumstance. And pretty much the same for the Stamps but maybe not quite so dogmatic :wink:

Times change but I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree so I will be cheering on the Argos.

In Toronto last year, Stamps fans kept assuming that based on our Lions gear, we would cheer them on. A number of them were flabbergasted when I informed them “not on your frickin life”!