Grey Cup Tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Well, the Lions and their continuous travails over the last, what seems months (oh wait, it has been months!) got me rather bummed out....

But that changed today as I got our Grey Cup tix!!! :towel:

I have only been to a handful of Grey Cups but this has to be the earliest I have received tickets by a long shot. We went to last year’s Cup and I don’t think it is much of a surprise, the Ottawa folks seem to have their ducks in a row much faster and much “tidier”. Our tix included a lanyard, a fan guide to the festival and a letter from the Commissioner; nothing wild or crazy but after the cluster-pooch we endured last year in getting our tickets, this seems like luxury.

I predicted a Lions-RedBlacks Cup and that seems highly unlikely (or miraculous) but the RedBlacks are rounding into form. They seem to have learned how to win close ones now plus it helps they have Harris back.
Bosco
Team Captain

The Ottawa Grey Cup committee is indeed far more organised than last year's Toronto's GC group. - and have delivered a very attractive Grey Cup ticket package.

Last year's tickets didn't even fit into the plastic lanyards that were selling outside of BMO Field.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Bosco wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm
The Ottawa Grey Cup committee is indeed far more organised than last year's Toronto's GC group. - and have delivered a very attractive Grey Cup ticket package.

Last year's tickets didn't even fit into the plastic lanyards that were selling outside of BMO Field.
Mine fit! ........into my BC Lions lanyard I've had for a few years. IMO the biggest reason it was a mistake in giving Toronto last year's GC was because they couldn't possibly make it a priority item until too late. Most hosts have 14 to 18 months to plan and organize a GC. The Argos had to deal with a change of ownership, change of stadium, transferring ST holders etc (as few as there might be) . Those things had to be dealt with first. Probably by the time they could come for air GC was maybe 6 months away. It was a given Ottawa would get 2017. Toronto should've waited until 2018 before new ownership got to host.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Ottawa is reporting that Grey Cup is now officially sold out.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 am
Ottawa is reporting that Grey Cup is now officially sold out.
Nice to hear. Better image for the league instead of having to give the tickets away.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Kind of a cool score. For the VIP Tailgate Party before the game they have booked the Flutie Brothers Band. I am however have a hard time justifying the $150 ticket price which includes free food and 1 drink.
CardiacKid
Legend

I received a call today from a Grey Cup 2017 representative today, alerting me to the fact I will be receiving some information shortly about transportation options on Grey Cup Sunday. Also they invited me to get in touch if I had any questions or concerns.

I thought that was very cool.

I think this is going to be one very well run Grey Cup.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 pm
I received a call today from a Grey Cup 2017 representative today, alerting me to the fact I will be receiving some information shortly about transportation options on Grey Cup Sunday. Also they invited me to get in touch if I had any questions or concerns.

You can see my avi Cardiac. If you see that Merv jersey in Ottawa with a name bar that says "Grey Cup Tour 1983 - Today" you've found me. Come say hi.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am
CardiacKid wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 pm

You can see my avi Cardiac. If you see that Merv jersey in Ottawa with a name bar that says "Grey Cup Tour 1983 - Today" you've found me. Come say hi.
Sure thing Hambone :thup:
Not sure what I will be wearing...I have a CardiacKid nameplate jersey but I might wear my Redblacks-themed gear....or I might wear my Woodward's BC Lions Cowichan sweater.....all dependent on the weather.

A little bummed neither the Lions or Redblacks made it to the final but if the Argos make it, I will be totally rooting for them. Simply because of the chaos they were experiencing between this season and last.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am
Not sure what I will be wearing...I have a CardiacKid nameplate jersey but I might wear my Redblacks-themed gear....or I might wear my Woodward's BC Lions Cowichan sweater.....all dependent on the weather.
Maybe I've bumped into you before. I did talk to somebody in recent Grey Cup years either in Toronto last year or Winnipeg the year before who was wearing a Lions Cowichan style sweater.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:15 am
CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am
Maybe I've bumped into you before. I did talk to somebody in recent Grey Cup years either in Toronto last year or Winnipeg the year before who was wearing a Lions Cowichan style sweater.
Not me, I didn't take it to Toronto last year as we were anticipating more down-jacket type weather. Could have worn it to the game as it was actually quite pleasant.
Not sure how to approach the gear for this year. Anyone from Ottawa I have spoken to has mentioned it can turn ugly pretty quick...
Hambone
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 am
Not me, I didn't take it to Toronto last year as we were anticipating more down-jacket type weather. Could have worn it to the game as it was actually quite pleasant.
Not sure how to approach the gear for this year. Anyone from Ottawa I have spoken to has mentioned it can turn ugly pretty quick...
Whoever it was I don't think had the sweater for long. I think he came across the pattern somewhere and had somebody knit it up.

Only thing you can do is pack for worst case scenario and shed layers to suit game day conditions. One can get easily fooled though by the afternoon weather if they forget kickoff comes after sunset. It can seem quite nice in the afternoon especially if sunny. Then between the time one arrives at the stadium and kickoff time the mercury dips 10 degrees. 2004 wasn't bad. 1988 was quite cold if I recall but back then I was living on the north end of the island. Living there cold weather clothing was a grey wool Stanfield shirt, long johns, heavy work socks and the heaviest jacket I owned. I didn't even own a pair of gloves.