Bombers 26 - Lions 20, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Blitz wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 pm
:yahoo: Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports

Braley :"It's been a great disappointment this year but we will fix it, Wally over-all has done a good job." #BCLions
Anyone surprised? :yahoo:
Braley is sicker than we thought. Wally doing a good job ?????? Guess Buono will be receiving a hefty Christmas bonus for the wonderful job he's doing.
They have a very special relationship because they are both very special people. :yahoo:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

I read this following comment on 3 Down Nation. It discusses the concept of the Leos future ownership possibly being sued for liability. Holdback clauses could be used for this scenario and Braley would know this.

Here is the comment..thought it was worth sharing. It certainly reflects the sentiments of a number of season ticket holders I know that have said if Buono is coaching our Leos next year, they won't be renewing and they mean it.

Even if Braley doesn't sell the team this off-season, if Wally chooses to return and it looks like he is going to, unless there is more pressure laid on him to walk away, there is potentially going to be a big drop in attendance next season and its already not good.
I also believe this is a stalling technique most likely him (Braley) and Wally put it together. As he has a life contract which is so freaking stupid and unheard of. If Wally GM doesn’t fire Wally HC then Wally GM step down then we will see same crap next season as the last few seasons.

Wally is the cancer of this team in my eyes and has been for several years now. No real coach wants to come play or work under Wally. That’s why we get left overs or BS coaching staff. He won’t let go Darazio who can’t make a solid Oline. He can’t get a rush end or pay quality oline players and he is stuck and stubborn.

Well Wally I’m stubborn and my my stuck in my pockets and ain’t given a penny out to watch the same useless product on the field. Several season ticket holders won’t take this anymore, fans won’t and the numbers at the stadium prove it.

Can’t sell me no more Wally with its lack of execution. It’s because of blah blah. I’m done hearing at the end of the day. I’m sick of having a coach and GM who can’t let go of his bible football play book. Sick of the predictable and boring schemes and play calling.

Tired of you being the only HC without a head set and notes. You are a dinosaur and it’s time for your football GM HC extinction.

dave // October 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm // Reply
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

leo4life wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 am
Expect the same ol same ol in 2018
If so, then expect fewer and fewer around to witness it.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am
I also believe this is a stalling technique most likely him (Braley) and Wally put it together. As he has a life contract which is so freaking stupid and unheard of. If Wally GM doesn’t fire Wally HC then Wally GM step down then we will see same crap next season as the last few seasons.

Wally is the cancer of this team in my eyes and has been for several years now. No real coach wants to come play or work under Wally. That’s why we get left overs or BS coaching staff. He won’t let go Darazio who can’t make a solid Oline. He can’t get a rush end or pay quality oline players and he is stuck and stubborn.

Well Wally I’m stubborn and my my stuck in my pockets and ain’t given a penny out to watch the same useless product on the field. Several season ticket holders won’t take this anymore, fans won’t and the numbers at the stadium prove it.

Can’t sell me no more Wally with its lack of execution. It’s because of blah blah. I’m done hearing at the end of the day. I’m sick of having a coach and GM who can’t let go of his bible football play book. Sick of the predictable and boring schemes and play calling.

Tired of you being the only HC without a head set and notes. You are a dinosaur and it’s time for your football GM HC extinction.

dave // October 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm // Reply
My sentiments exactly.
leo4life
All Star

Glen Suitor was on 1040 and said everything starts at the top and the playcalling on O and the whole picture is now on Wally Bouno as the top man along with Khari Jones playcalling etc.Nice to finally finally hear whats really going on instead of Bouno's version of "lack of execution".Even Jennings said it was a lack of execution.They all sound like Bouno now very sad state of affairs
CardiacKid
Legend

Execution as a talking point amongst the players reminded me of Republicans doing the media rounds and Fox News’ talking heads going on about “the Deep State” or “Obamacare death-spiral”.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2438/bc-lions- ... e-bombers/
The Bombers struck first in this one with a highlight-reel punt return early in the first quarter. Returner Kevin Fogg outran the Lions’ special teams unit up the left side of the field for the 88-yard return touchdown, helping Winnipeg take the early 7-0 lead.
Fogg ran right around Fenner, who had contain responsibility. Surprising to see the clear advantage in speed he had.
The Lions’ offence faced major pressure throughout the first half, with quarterback Jonathan Jennings struggling to find time to throw the ball against the Bombers’ stout defensive front. Running back Jeremiah Johnson ran the ball well in the first half with 56 yards on the ground, but BC’s passing game had a difficult time getting the team into scoring position. The Lions were forced to punt the ball away on their first six drives of the game.
Yes. Major pressure on Jennings.
Jennings continued to face heavy pressure every time he dropped back to make a play. With his passing pocket collapsing and defenders clogging his throwing lanes, Jennings had nowhere to go and was sacked by Tristan Okpalaugo for another big loss of yardage. The backed up Lions gave up two points as a result when Ty Long surrendered a safety, making the score 16-6.

IMO we did not have a good package to help Jennings. The Bombers blitzing looked like an avalanche or a tsunami. I still might break down some film. We will see. One of the humorous aspects of reading about Vince Lombardi was the terror the players felt when Lombardi reviewed the game film with them. With our team at present, it might be the coaches who want to burn the film.

Credit the Bombers' defence and STs. Our defence did a good job keeping Harris in check and Nichols as well.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.