Trent Richardson to the Riders

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

I guess this hardly qualifies as news, but, in case you hadn't heard, the Riders picked up Trent Richardson this week.

Richardson was a spectacular player in college, playing for Nick Saban at Alabama. He was the top-ranked RB in the 2012 NFL draft and went in the first round to the Browns. He's a solid 5-9, 225 lb. battering ram with good speed (4.5) for a big man.

Despite his outstanding college career, he was a flop in the NFL--first with the Browns and then with the Colts--racking up a 3.3 YPC average over three seasons. He then bounced to the Raiders and Ravens but never saw action with either.

Whether he can make his mark in the CFL is an open question, but the Riders were wise to scoop him up for a look-see.
South Pender
Legend

Trent Richardson to play for Riders this week in Toronto. This from Pro Football Talk:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -saturday/
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 am
Trent Richardson to play for Riders this week in Toronto. This from Pro Football Talk:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -saturday/
Hardly complimentary to this guy nor to Marc Trestman.

I guess MT was a "washout" in the NFL. It struck me he's not right for that kind of culture in an NFL but seems more able here in Canada.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Earlier this season Jones brought in former Lion Anthony Allen, a guy who Jones already had tape on and seen live, yet Allen barely saw the ball and was released. :dizzy:

Then recently the Riders signed former Lion TC RB Josh Harris. He got one carry and then was released. :dizzy: :dizzy:

Now he brings in Trent Richardson who has been out of football for 3 years. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I think I am using the wrong Smilie; maybe it should be :rotf:

OTOH, since Riders are ahead of Lions in the standings maybe I shouldn't be laughing at Jones as he is doing somethings right and Wally isn't. :bang: