The Athletic - Vancouver and The Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CONNECTICUT YANKEE
prospect

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to alert the board about a new site dedicated to sports journalism that could be
another source of information for fans of the Lions and Vancouver(Canucks - sports in general).The site
is subscription based but seems to be a reasonable price point for all you can eat.
I know people bemoan the decline of newspapers in the market to push the Lions message but this looks
intriguing for next season.

https://theathletic.com/90556/2017/09/0 ... n-project/
https://theathletic.com/

The Lions icon is under the menu but not live yet. I am curious who the beat writer will be. LU? Ed Willes?
Jim Mullin, If you are reading this, any clue or insights on the potential writer?
I know the Argonauts have included a subscription for their season ticket holders as a perk.
This might be something the Lions might want to look into for next season to add to the benefits
of season memberships.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hockey, hockey and more hockey. Just what this country doesn't need. There is no immediate plan to cover other sports. Pierre LeBrun is a good hockey columnist who already has wide exposure. Sean FitzGerald is a former National Post sportswriter. I don't recognize any other names in the article.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

The reason the Argos were finally covered in the Athletic Toronto is that the Argos struck a deal with them on bulk memberships for Argo season ticket holders.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Qman
Champion

i'm not paying $4 a month for ed willis and his half-hearted coverage of the lions.
I might pay for beamish.

LU is awesome with TSN & TSNradio1040

I don't think the Athletic will survive in vancouver. Their hockey coverage seems to be the kurtenbloggers ... you can get them for free on 1040 and its not that good.