Vernon Adams now a Rider

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Vernon Adams is on the move again, this time to Regina. There was some scuttlebutt around free agency that Kavis Reed wasn't as high on Adams as he was Jacory Harris and that Adams would be shown the door. It just seemed to take longer than expected.

Maybe this signals that Jones and the Riders are bailing on getting James Franklin or just see Adams as cover should Glenn go down.
The_Pauser
Legend

I don't understand why they would want Adams in Regina. Brandon Bridge looks ready, and weren't they high on that Marquis guy?
Roar you Lions roar!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The_Pauser wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:03 am
I don't understand why they would want Adams in Regina. Brandon Bridge looks ready, and weren't they high on that Marquis guy?
Acquiring Adams gives the Riders the ability to get a close up look at him to better determine if he is the next one or if they should instead spend big bucks during free agency to try and sign James Franklin.
The_Pauser
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm
The_Pauser wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:03 am
Acquiring Adams gives the Riders the ability to get a close up look at him to better determine if he is the next one or if they should instead spend big bucks during free agency to try and sign James Franklin.
I still don't get it, considering they have a young Brandon Bridge who is "the next one." Why not just use him more? Unless they're completely dumping Glenn now and go with Bridge and Adams, I still don't get it.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

This is Vernon Adam's third team in a couple of seasons. At this rate Adam should break Glenn's record for the number of team he's played for in his career.