CFL Games of Week 8, August 10 - 13

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

With 9 mins to go and Hamilton only down by 13 a lot of people have left Tim Horton Field. Austin is done.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ti-Cats are a mess. Undisciplined penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, arguing with officials. Really feel sorry for their fans having to watch this debacle.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

With a couple of minutes left, Peg 32 - Ham 12. I did not write Pig; I wrote Peg.

I would say O'Shea is a worthy candidate for Coach of the Year. He has some retreads leading, Nichols and Harris, and they are playing outstanding. The team plays very tough.

This CFL fan is very happy for Andrew Harris.

14/107 yards.

2017-08-12_1918.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

not sure I have ever seen a more pathetic o-line performance.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I don't know if it really a question of "is he going to get fired" as it is "when is he going to get fired"? His team is underperforming in every facit of the game. Offense, defense, special teams. It is really sad. Collaros looks like a shell of his normal self, Banks is on the verge of being benched or cut IMO. The Oline couldn't block a ray of sunshine, the running game is woeful. The receiving corp looks pretty un-dangerous, the Dline gets little if any pressure, the secondary is soft. I don't know how they got to be so woeful so quickly but they are by far the worst team in the league right now and something is going to have to give. Even Austin looks defeated on the sidelines. Usually a firebrand, he just looks, not quite shattered but a man who has run out of options and no longer has any idea what to do to fix his team. Not much point in firing him before the end of the season but if they get through the labour day weekend and are still batting 1000, I don't think that it is going to matter much. Might as well do the deed and get a head start on looking for a replacement.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm not an O'Shea fan. He has a losing record as a head coach and his team doesn't rise to a challenge.

Hamilton is just going through the motions. The new DC has the secondary playing better but everyone else undisciplined and uninspired. It's time for a coaching change.
BC 1988
Legend

Attendance in HAM was 23,517, so fans are still going to see the latest demolition of their team.

I think Banks should have been let go after the MDMA drug suspension last fall.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:22 pm
not sure I have ever seen a more pathetic o-line performance.
I don't think Collaros will be taking his offensive line to dinner anytime soon.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Banks is a shadow of his former self. He's very hesitant and seemed to have lost a step or two. Doesn't strike fear in the cover team.
aklawitter
All Star

Hockey sticks in Hamilton! 0-7

Kent Austin continues to thumb his nose at integrity, just resign already

Will Bob Young step up and write the cheque?
JaboVancouver
Rookie

Funny how quickly it all fell apart in Hamilton. They were in back to back Grey Cups less than three years ago. Perhaps Austin made the mistake of trying to keep all the same guys and it got stagnant. You'd think he'd be able to turn it around, given his successful track record in the league, but it does seem like there may be some quit in some of the players.

What's worse is how bad the East in general is. This should be a worrisome trend for the league, as depending on how the season goes, every West team could have a better record than the East champion at the end of the season. Perhaps it's time to just have the top six teams advance to the playoffs, rather than the current format.
Just A Bit Outside: The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast
justabitoutside.podbean.com
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

JaboVancouver wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:05 am
Funny how quickly it all fell apart in Hamilton. They were in back to back Grey Cups less than three years ago. Perhaps Austin made the mistake of trying to keep all the same guys and it got stagnant. You'd think he'd be able to turn it around, given his successful track record in the league, but it does seem like there may be some quit in some of the players.
Kent Austin's CFL career regular-season coaching record is 48-49. His Hamilton record is 36-43. He has had one first-place team in his career, and that was Ticats team with a 9-9 record in 2014.
JaboVancouver
Rookie

He was 48-42 coming into this season. Outside of this year and last, he has a Grey Cup win and two other finals appearances. Last season was his first ever sub .500 team. I think most coaches and fans would at least be content with those results in six years.
Just A Bit Outside: The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast
justabitoutside.podbean.com