Condolences to Geroy and Family

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

The Lion King wrote:Tracy would have turned 40 today.
Unimaginably sad.

While Geroy is rumoured to be at the Surrey compound tomorrow working on the draft, I really hope he takes as much time off as he needs in order to heal. I can only imagine having to deal with all of those well-meaning Lions fans in the war room.

Some advocate the "get lost in your work" approach to dealing with tragedy. I don't know. One of my best friends unexpectedly lost his 30 year old fiancee 51 weeks ago and is still suffering from it.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
The Lion King wrote:Tracy would have turned 40 today.
Unimaginably sad.

While Geroy is rumoured to be at the Surrey compound tomorrow working on the draft, I really hope he takes as much time off as he needs in order to heal. I can only imagine having to deal with all of those well-meaning Lions fans in the war room.

Some advocate the "get lost in your work" approach to dealing with tragedy. I don't know. One of my best friends unexpectedly lost his 30 year old fiancee 51 weeks ago and is still suffering from it.

DH :cool:
I don't think there is any right answer to the approach David. Everybody is different and has to deal with it in different ways. Getting back into a normal routine would help the coping I think but it really depends on the individual. A lady I know lost her teenage to suicide a year ago. She was obviously distraught and a year later has still not been able to return to work. From what Wally said in an interview with Sekeres last week Geroy has as much time as he wants or needs to deal with things. If he happens to pop into the office they will be happy to see him but he's on his own timeline for that.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Agreed, everybody deals with loss in different ways. For some, it can be a life long trauma, for others, it seems as though they hardly miss a beat. Whatever Geroy's and his family's path is, I wish them the best hope for a resolution that works for them.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lions like the look of Kamloops
By Lowell Ullrich
“We’ve asked Geroy to understand (he has) no commitment or responsibilities with the club,” said Buono. “He wanted to be here with the draft but the club would rather see him get his life in order and take care of his priorities.”
A Go Fund Me page has been established to help Simon and his children with Buono and his wife Sande kicking things off with a $500 donation at www.gofundme.com/simonfamily2017. The East-West game comprises players who are eligible for the 2018 Canadian college draft and the annual unofficial kickoff to next year’s recruiting season.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy