Mini-Camp Breakdown

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

As previously mentioned, Douglas McNeil, a receiver who joined us late last year and was on the PR looked quite impressive in the 1 on 1s. Here is a link to footage from the OTAs.

Can't put a ton of stock into these (no press man coverage for example), but cuts and catches look pretty good. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
aklawitter
All Star

So, who all from these parts will be making it out to Kamloops for TC2017? It just so happens that I'll be vacationing there for a few days coinciding with minicamp and the start of main camp.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

aklawitter wrote:So, who all from these parts will be making it out to Kamloops for TC2017? It just so happens that I'll be vacationing there for a few days coinciding with minicamp and the start of main camp.
I plan to arrive on the Saturday and take in the first three days of main camp. I'm looking forward to it.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

aklawitter wrote:So, who all from these parts will be making it out to Kamloops for TC2017? It just so happens that I'll be vacationing there for a few days coinciding with minicamp and the start of main camp.
I'll be there one weekend or the other. Most likely the June 3rd & 4th.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
The_Pauser
Legend

I'll be up there for Fanfest weekend, from the 9th to 11th.
Roar you Lions roar!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I might make it to Kamloops sometime in June but my schedule depends on other factors. It might not be a bad idea to wear some identifiable item to help recognize and meet up with each other.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:It might not be a bad idea to wear some identifiable item to help recognize and meet up with each other.
Good idea Dano. I'll be the guy wearing the BC Lions and shirt and built like a football player without the muscle tone and the weight being in all the wrong places.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
DanoT wrote:It might not be a bad idea to wear some identifiable item to help recognize and meet up with each other.
Good idea Dano. I'll be the guy wearing the BC Lions and shirt and built like a football player without the muscle tone and the weight being in all the wrong places.
lol

If I go I will post the day's attire. Probably a Lions Jersey with my last name on it. 86 or 79.
Qman
Champion

FYI

Roar Report‏ @RoarReport
only big #bclions name cut today was CB brandon stewart (casualty of impending transition to cdn field corner)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Me too. I have an old Lionbackers t-shirt from a decade ago but I'm afraid to wear it around Wally and the players. I'm not sure that it still fits, either.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:FYI

Roar Report‏ @RoarReport
only big #bclions name cut today was CB brandon stewart (casualty of impending transition to cdn field corner)
You may have that backwards. Stewart suffered a serious knee injury in the WDF vs Calgary. Seems to me there has been some rumours that he might miss most if not all of this season because of that. The transition to NAT at field corner might be more due to Stewart being an injury casualty than a casualty to a ratio change.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:

Roar Report‏ @RoarReport

You may have that backwards. Stewart suffered a serious knee injury in the WDF vs Calgary. Seems to me there has been some rumours that he might miss most if not all of this season because of that. The transition to NAT at field corner might be more due to Stewart being an injury casualty than a casualty to a ratio change.
just the poster, not the writer
... posted because it noted that stewart was cut outright and he was the only notable guy cut ... i assumed he would be on IR most of the season

i think the transition to cdn field corner started by the solid play of parker late last year, then wally saying why aren't we getting more turnovers out of our great defensive stats .. maybe we should try a US ball hawk safety and go to cdn wideside corner.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Hambone wrote:

Roar Report‏ @RoarReport

just the poster, not the writer
... posted because it noted that stewart was cut outright and he was the only notable guy cut ... i assumed he would be on IR most of the season

i think the transition to cdn field corner started by the solid play of parker late last year, then wally saying why aren't we getting more turnovers out of our great defensive stats .. maybe we should try a US ball hawk safety and go to cdn wideside corner.
Ooops. Wounded the messenger did I? :wink:

While for the most part I was OK with Stewart there were too many times I was disappointed. I was expecting they would be looking to go in another direction there be it INT or NAT. Haven't studied up on the relevant areas of the CBA etc but for some reason think it's not unusual for players with injuries from the previous year to be released around this time of year. Might be certain contractual things to be lived up to (related to benefits/medical coverage) before they can be released and/or switched over to what might amount to short-term disability. This release did happen to coincide with the end of the month. I could be out to lunch on that too. It's been known to happen.