Starting Lineup so far

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Brooks has made it clear that he doesn't want to be here and Wally doesn't seem keen to lure him back. I don't know if Brooks will find the $180,000-plus contract that he was reportedly seeking but I expect him to sign with another CFL team in free agency.
OV - 54:40
Champion

DH :cool:[/quote]
I forgot about Forde but I liked his development last year. He could replace Westerman as a second national in a six-man DL rotation.[/quote]

I like Menard (he has a motor) more than Bazzie so if Menard gets to start, imo it will be an upgrade and Menard is a NAT. So that is 2 NATs that can start on D line and 1 NAT rotational guy or 1 starter and 2 rotational guys. :thup:[/quote]

Agreed on Menard - has that motor for sure and is strong enough to play some reps at DT too; maybe not an every down DE but a guy who could play more and could get even better. Forde is more a DE from college ball, but could progress for some reps there. Brooks is over-rated IMO.

And if Westerman does not return, there is the option to draft a good DT prospect from a good crop there, IMO, this draft. And with 3 picks in the top 16, Wally should be able to get a DT along with addressing other positions. Using the 3rd overall = should be able to get who they consider the top DT (Ankou or Vaughn from US college ball or CIS all-star Junior Luke (Montreal) - who played in a recent US college ball all-star game and was named lineman of the game).
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Don't blame Wally if he intends on rebuilding the defensive line nearly from scratch. A couple of lean years after such as dominant run going back to 2004. Have had some studs during most of Wally's tenure.
Brooks is dreaming if he thinks he is worth that much. He isn't even in the same class that Eric Taylor was. Westerman's last contract was based on a decent start to his career and upside but don't think he has lived up to the hype as a No. 2 overall pick.

Hope Burnham signs here this week and doesn't hit the open market. Will take at least $175,000 but offence sells tickets and he was terrific last year.
Worry about Steward slipping through cracks. Valliancourt simply has to start at guard this coming season and Fabian under contract as well. They also prefer to start internationals at tackle. Wally won't get into a bidding war for that reason. Steward being hurt for 2 of his 3 seasons here won't help either but easily could be the elite of the elite among national o-lineman.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

With Burnham I am hoping that he has a comfort level playing beside Manny and catching balls from an above average accurate gunslinger passer like Jennings and thus won't sign with another CFL team. :cr: