Leos sign QB

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Club has signed quarterback Alex Ross, who starred at Coastal Carolina. Ross was selected to the All-Big South first team for three consecutive seasons, has a really good arm, and was 33-8 as a starter.

My days of looking past the signings of under-sized quarterbacks from small schools are over after witnessing the most pro-ready rookie quarterback to ever play for the Lions at the 2015 Kamloops training camp in Jon Jennings. Sure, Ross could be another Thomas DeMarco (or worse), but at the very least it adds to our QB depth and is another intriguing prospect and someone to watch at camp.

Details on the signing here:

There's some footage and an interview from his NFL pro day last year here:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I think Keith Price is on the bubble as the Lions' third-string QB. He threw only one pass last year because Jennings and Lulay stayed healthy, but he also didn't get a chance to show what he could do. Wally is always looking to use the third-string position develop the next starter, and if he doesn't see much in one year, he turns to the next young prospect.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I like the sound of this kid.

Character.

Athleticism.

Strong arm.

Winning attitudes.

:thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
The_Pauser
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:I think Keith Price is on the bubble as the Lions' third-string QB. He threw only one pass last year because Jennings and Lulay stayed healthy, but he also didn't get a chance to show what he could do. Wally is always looking to use the third-string position develop the next starter, and if he doesn't see much in one year, he turns to the next young prospect.
I didn't like what I saw from Price at camp, or in the pre-season either so bringing in some competition for him is definitely not a bad idea.

Interested in seeing how this kid does.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Price certainly did not impress during the exhibition season.