Chris Rainey extended through 2018

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

Blitz
Team Captain

That is GREAT NEWS Squishy....made my day!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Game breaker Supreme. Kick returns. Receiving.

And the huge bonus is that the slender-as-a-rail Rainey can run inside. He is that elusive. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
David
Team Captain

This was a significant signing (extension). Some may disagree, but I had Rainey as our runner-up for MOP this year. He was the Swiss Army Knife of the Leos, gashing teams on kick and punt returns, as well as providing a viable running back threat and was able to get us some valuable first downs down the stretch as a slot receiver.

He also proved a lot more durable than people gave him credit for. In fact, his Head Coach was reluctant to use him in key offensive situations early in the year, fearing he would wear down. But as more teams kicked away from him, Rainey started to get more opportunities with the ball in his hands and would never disappoint. While it's a small sample size, his 8.6 yards par carry average was the highest among all CFL players with more than 20 rushes in 2016. And I am not convinced we used him as effectively as we could have (particularly in the Western Final!).

To lock Chris Rainey up through 2018 is huge. I am quite sure he could still play in the NFL. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rainey has excellent hands in addition to being a great open-field runner. I'd be happy to hse him more on offence and less on special teams next year.