WFC Semi-Final Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Road to the Grey Cup starts tomorrow against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Bombers defeated the Lions in a back to back by a total of 5 points. We turned the ball over an astonishing 10 times in those 2 games. This must not happen again. Lions will win if they eliminate the turnovers, offensive line protect Jennings and the defence stop Andrew Harris in the flats. The Beast will feast
brihind88
prospect

Tough to beat 1 team 3 x.

Lions are to good to have that happen.

Bombs did not look impressive against the Reds B squad.

I expect the Lions to win big.

ROAR LIONS ROAR
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TLK says it all. Don't make stupid mistakes and this game is ours.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
CardiacKid
Legend

Well never forget it is one game and anything can happen. The Leo's need to play smart and minimize the turnovers; not necessarily play to completely eliminate them. I wouldn't want them to play with that level of conservatism; that would impinge Jennings and cancel out too much of what is good about our offense.
Plan for Harris, rattle Nichols who looks to be coming back down to earth the last 6 games and run the ball a healthy dose.
David
Team Captain

My 3 keys for today's game:

MR. CHIPS
* Harris and Loffler have massive chips on their shoulder (perceived failure by the Lions to sign and draft respectively) and will be jacked for this game. Really important to spy Harris chipping out of the backfield to provide the safety valve for Nichols.

MIRACLE HEALER?
* Still somewhat concerned about Jeremiah Johnson's turned ankle. He is going to have to make cuts at full speed which he hasn't had to do since last Saturday. If he's less than 100%, count me concerned. The Bombers want to make Jennings pass 40-50 times as it improves their turnover chances. They will do this by shutting down our running game.

THE ADJUSTMENT FACTOR
These two teams have played 18 games and have faced each other twice. There aren't many secrets - both know what the other likes to do. This game will come down to adjusting to any new wrinkles. Lapo will likely want to exploit the relative inexperience of Gaitor/Fenner and give them looks they haven't seen. Also, O'Shea is always good for a fake or gadget play per game. Expect one today - will the Leos be ready for it.

Heading down to the stadium in about an hour. Go Leos!!!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

Well never forget it is one game and anything can happen. The Leo's need to play smart and minimize the turnovers; not necessarily play to completely eliminate them. I wouldn't want them to play with that level of conservatism; that would impinge Jennings and cancel out too much of what is good about our offense.
Plan for Harris, rattle Nichols who looks to be coming back down to earth the last 6 games and run the ball a healthy dose.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Based on the two regular season games between these teams, I could sum this one up in one message: Don't give the game away. For extra insurance, here are three keys to the game.

1. Limit turnovers
2. Control the line of scrimmage
3. Contain Harris
B.C. bound
prospect

You know what to do Lions...lets do it and watch the Bomber's junk plays! Go Lions Go!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Lions and Lion fans already caught a break today. Both Andre Proux and Rod Black are working the ESF!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Poor crowd with 20 minutes to go before kickoff
aklawitter
All Star

and what's new, a terrible throw from Jennings against the bombers
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Interception by the Bombers
Dusty
Champion

First turnover goes to the Bombers.....first First down goes to the Bombers..... tough start.....
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Don't ever remember Harris caring the defense for six extra yards after the stop when he played in BC!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Not an auspicious beginning :shock:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis