Lions vs. Argos Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Blitz wrote:Stublers defensive backs are playing 12-15 yards off at times and we're still trying to throw deep intermediate and deep throws. No receivers running short patterns...which would be wide open.
Frustrating. You would think Khari Jones an ex-quarterback would know better
Exactly! Dont' blame it on Jennings. Give him a short route to throw. Can't believe a professional coach cant' see what the Argos are giving us and also taking away. Disgraceful!
Jones being shown up tonight. Horrible game plan and preparation when you were owned by this team last meeting.
CardiacKid
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Blitz wrote:Stublers defensive backs are playing 12-15 yards off at times and we're still trying to throw deep intermediate and deep throws. No receivers running short patterns...which would be wide open.
Frustrating. You would think Khari Jones an ex-quarterback would know better
Rope-a-Dope?
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Another penalty gives Argos momentum
Killer! What a time to take one and the refs to call one too.

Do we have any receiver on most pass plays running less than a 20 yard route?
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Penalty agains the Lions. Why isn't there another play ? My understanding is that you can't end a quarter on a penalty
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Game tie at 13. Lions lucky
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The 4th quarter has been great for the Lions this year. They could use a good one here.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I love seeing lots of screens and swing passes tonight.
The_Pauser
Legend

Can we leave Adcock in Toronto? The guy is absolutely useless.
Roar you Lions roar!
CardiacKid
Legend

Anthony Allen has disappeared despite contributing earlier in the game. Nothing flashy but solid production; need that into the wind.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Damn :bang: Jennings need to get rid of the ball
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Penalty agains the Lions. Why isn't there another play ? My understanding is that you can't end a quarter on a penalty
I was thinking same at first but Bazzie's OC was a dead ball foul so I don't think that applies in this case.

I mean, to take it to an extreme, what would happen if a flag was thrown for a dead ball foul after the officials had already marched the ball and the chains to the other end of the field for the start of Q4? They wouldn't bring it back and declare Q3 still in progress in that case. They didn't do it on Bazzie's call either.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Damn :bang: Jennings need to get rid of the ball
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Adcock burned again. Complete garbage.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good kick by Leone. Defence need to hold them deep and force a punt
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:Can we leave Adcock in Toronto? The guy is absolutely useless.
I think Antonio Johnson will be in the lineup next game