OH Henry!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Burris opened up on the TSN panel a on a halftime interview. Henry should be a well liked QB, he has been a starter for most of his career, won GC's, and an MOP. Yet when things aren't going his way, he shows his true colours and shows what a baby he really is. If you recall his Stampeder GC win, he ranted on about himself not being deleted the MOP. Sorry Henry show more respect for the league that has employed you. I find it strange how I want to cheer for you, but this me attitude just kills any respect that you may otherwise have deserved. Way to easy to want to see you fail now, go Harris.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Picked the wrong place and time to be spouting off. Obviously feeling the pressure.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer
Team Captain

Thanks for the link TLK, although it doesn't show Burris in a post game continuation of his rant.

I guess Burris defenders will say he wears his heart on his sleeve, but I wonder where his brain disappears to.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bobbyp
Champion

He probably just kissed any post CFL career in broadcasting goodbye.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Oh, I don't think anything that he said tonight is going to be long lived. Something obviously had him irked, not sure what, he had just nearly fumbled twice in a very competitive game and sometimes, lets face it, as the TSN panel said, there are times you get fed up with criticism. And to some degree, I agree with him. He has played too long in this league and accomplished too much for him to get the glaring criticism that he seems to draw. Take another example, Mike Reilly is on a 3 game losing streak now. Do you think he is going to get roasted for his performance? Probably not. It will all be about how he was getting pummeled all night. Not the smartest move by Burris but what is surprising is that it doesn't happen more often.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
seamack3
prospect

I lost all respect for the guy in the 2013 Grey Cup in Regina. It was when things weren't going especially well for the Tiger-Cats and a high snap sailed over his head. Instead of making an effort to get the ball or even just fall on it, he just stood there pissed that a teammate made an error and in the process let the Roughriders recover the ball(brings back memories of when Casey Printers 'lost it' in OT in that 2010 game with Winnipeg and was released by Wally after the game). So when Henry talks about he himself turning around 4 franchises, he certainly quit on his team that day. I guess Kent realized it too, as he never played another game for them. As much as I'm happy for the success of rebirth of the Ottawa franchise, I hope the RedBlacks don't hoist the Cup until they have a classier QB at the helm than the one that played today.
David
Team Captain

Henry, I've got news for you. You may have banked a lot of goodwill for exceptional quarterbacking play over the years, but you sucked last week. Call it rust, or your finger still bothering you or whatever, but you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It happens. But analysts are going to observe this (as is their job) and report on it (as is their mandate).

Get over yourself. In the post-game you're saying "it's all about the team and getting Ws" yet you just spent half the time ripping your "critics," thus making it all about you! Totally classless. :tp:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

well gosh darn it all anyhow.

a football player is human, no matter how long or how well he plays the game.

tsk tsk on hank for this one. He is still a good guy and a good player, most of the time.

wish I could say that much for myself.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Blitz
Team Captain

David wrote:Henry, I've got news for you. You may have banked a lot of goodwill for exceptional quarterbacking play over the years, but you sucked last week. Call it rust, or your finger still bothering you or whatever, but you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It happens. But analysts are going to observe this (as is their job) and report on it (as is their mandate).

Get over yourself. In the post-game you're saying "it's all about the team and getting Ws" yet you just spent half the time ripping your "critics," thus making it all about you! otally classless. :tp:

The "Good ol' Smilin' Hank' mask he usually wears for the media and press can quickly be dropped when things are not going his way.

Football fans and analysts have watched Ottawa's Trevor Harris complete a mind blowing 82.2% of his passes this season for a stunning 139.0 quarterback efficiency average.

If Henry wants to play quarterback at age 41 and be paid the salary that he is getting to play the position, he has to to able to take the criticism that comes with the quarterback position as well as the bouquets.

Here is what Burris said post game:
During the half Burris let off some steam during an interview on TSN where he critiqued those in the media for comments about his poor performance last week in a loss to Toronto after missing five weeks with an injured pinky.

“It was at a point where something had to be said. Those guys can say whatever they want and are not being held accountable,” Burris said post-game.

“We played Toronto last week, it was my first game back and we had three days of practice and all I got asked was ‘am I worried?’ Things didn’t go right and I said I would be better this week, but all the questions all week were ‘are you worried?’

“If I’m the defending (Most Outstanding Player) of this league, how come a rookie quarterback from Toronto is getting more positive press than the defending MOP? Do these guys know the game? That’s all I’m asking. I know they’ve been attacking me for years regardless of what I’ve done in this league and I just had to say something, and I did, but from this point I’m not going to talk about it. I made my point and I’m leaving it at that.” Ottawa Citizen
Nice shot at Trevor Harris! Harris's numbers speak for themselves for this season.

As for Henry all I have to say is: :tp: :tp: :thdn: :thdn:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Burris was rushed back into the lineup last week because of injury and his rust showed. This week he showed he's still one of the league's best QBs at age 41. I didn't see the TSN panel criticism or his response, and don't care about either. There's nothing wrong with an honest exchange of opinions.
CardiacKid
Legend

Could of left Trevor Harris out of it, that kind of thing may not be so cool with his teammates.

As for who is the leading MODP (Most Overtly Douchiest Player) candidate, that is still Duron Carter by a long-shot. He took to Twitter and pretty much threw Boris Bede under the bus after the last game; said some pretty Trumpesque things. Bede obviously needs to be replaced but you leave that stuff to the coaches.

Wish I could quote Carter but it looks like he removed the offending posts. Popp leaned on him perhaps?
David
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:Could of left Trevor Harris out of it, that kind of thing may not be so cool with his teammates.
I think he was referring to Logan Kilgore whom Ottawa had just faced as "the rookie quarterback from Toronto....getting more positive press than the defending MOP," not Trevor Harris.

Either way, it was a douche-y thing to say and shows not only the size of his ego, but his insecurity too. Can you imagine vets like Mike Reilly, Travis Lulay, or Ricky Ray carrying on like this?

Show some humility, Hank!

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

What I found more interesting was the way the panel got all defensive when the tables were turned and Hank fired off his scathing remarks at them. I accept that it's their job to express opinions on the sport and the athletes and coaches but they sure don't like it when somebody turns the tables on them.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:What I found more interesting was the way the panel got all defensive when the tables were turned and Hank fired off his scathing remarks at them. I accept that it's their job to express opinions on the sport and the athletes and coaches but they sure don't like it when somebody turns the tables on them.
that's what you got from them on this?

Schultz, at least, said it was also their job to accept criticism with the others agreeing.

Matt was the most bothered, but it wasn't that he was in someway criticized by henry but simply disappointed in henry for not being able to take criticism himself and for speaking such as he did, when he did, etc.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back