Want to work for the Lions?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Got a tweet from the Lions saying I should check out their job opportunities page. I headed over expecting to see 1, maybe 2 postings for run of the mill jobs. But no! There are about 6 openings; all the way from game ambassador to executive administrator to manager/director.

Has there been a purge? Or has ownership opened up the purse strings to expand the ranks of the administrative/operational staff? If it is the latter, I am glad an obvious need has been identified and is being addressed. I have to think the timing is a bit odd; wouldn't it be more ideal to fill these vacancies BEFORE the season starts?

I would love to compare the employee staffing and budgets of all teams; see who scrimps and see who spends. I have a suspicion Bob Young spends good coin on the off-field aspects of getting and keeping fans; probably Ottawa as well based on the snippets I have heard from their ownership.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Aren't game ambassadors volunteer positions ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Aren't game ambassadors volunteer positions ?
Yes, that one is a volunteer position. According to bclions.com, a couple of junior sales positions have already been filled but two senior management positions are available in ticket sales and operations, as well as an executive assistant to the president (Skulsky).
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Aren't game ambassadors volunteer positions ?
Yes, that one is a volunteer position. According to bclions.com, a couple of junior sales positions have already been filled but two senior management positions are available in ticket sales and operations, as well as an executive assistant to the president (Skulsky).
Staff listings still show a fairly full slate assuming all listed remain with the club.

http://www.bclions.com/lions-staff/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Qman
Champion

heard they canned their head of ticketing recently ... he is now working in junior hockey

pretty happy we my SSH experience last 12 months, hope increased value for $ continues for renewals in october.
CardiacKid
Legend

Qman wrote:heard they canned their head of ticketing recently ... he is now working in junior hockey

pretty happy we my SSH experience last 12 months, hope increased value for $ continues for renewals in october.
Ben Z.? Looks like he had a quick turn around. His twitter feed mentions the Season Members BBQ and scant days later he is in St. John working for the Sea Dogs. Gotta be a fair chunk cheaper living in St. John than in Van...
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:Ben Z.? Looks like he had a quick turn around. His twitter feed mentions the Season Members BBQ and scant days later he is in St. John working for the Sea Dogs. Gotta be a fair chunk cheaper living in St. John than in Van...
He was appointed VP of ticket sales and marketing in Saint John on July 18 and is expected to officially join the Sea Dogs in August. The announcment of his appointment contained a lot of numbers that we've never heard here.
Zayandehroudi comes to Saint John after more than a year with the Canadian Football League’s BC Lions, where he was the first-ever Director of Ticket Sales and Fan Services. Under his leadership, the Lions’ group sales figures increased by 148% in 2015. In 2016, the ticketing department continued to experience growth in both new season tickets (up 36%) and a higher renewal percentage (up 12%) by their season ticket members.

Previous to the Lions, Zayandehroudi was the Manager of Ticket Sales and Premium Seats for Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Vancouver Whitecaps between 2013 and 2015. He started his sports business career as an Account Executive, Ticket Sales with Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), with a focus on Toronto FC in the MLS. He was the #1 Account Executive in sales for Toronto FC in 2012 on the heels of earning the 2011-12 MLS Rookie of the Year (#1 in Sales Revenue among new account executives).
SEA DOGS NAME BEN ZAYANDEHROUDI NEW VP OF TICKET SALES AND MARKETING
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You could have fooled me about the increase in season ticket holders.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:You could have fooled me about the increase in season ticket holders.
No kidding. Up 36 percent this year? Where exactly? If the 2015 season ticket base was 15,000 then a 36 percent increase would bring it to 20,400. Sure.
Even Skulsky admitted the other day there was less than the 18,900 announced at the last game.
Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:You could have fooled me about the increase in season ticket holders.
No kidding. Up 36 percent this year? Where exactly? If the 2015 season ticket base was 15,000 then a 36 percent increase would bring it to 20,400. Sure.
Even Skulsky admitted the other day there was less than the 18,900 announced at the last game.

its says NEW season ticket holders. so if they get 2000 new holders every year, then they did 2700 this year. you need new ones because ur renewal rate is never 100%
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Qman wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:

its says NEW season ticket holders. so if they get 2000 new holders every year, then they did 2700 this year. you need new ones because ur renewal rate is never 100%
Correct. And if the previous year's renewal rate was low, you could increase the renewal rate and the number of new accounts and still sell fewer season tickets overall.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:Ben Z.? Looks like he had a quick turn around. His twitter feed mentions the Season Members BBQ and scant days later he is in St. John working for the Sea Dogs. Gotta be a fair chunk cheaper living in St. John than in Van...
He was appointed VP of ticket sales and marketing in Saint John on July 18 and is expected to officially join the Sea Dogs in August. The announcment of his appointment contained a lot of numbers that we've never heard here.
Zayandehroudi comes to Saint John after more than a year with the Canadian Football League’s BC Lions, where he was the first-ever Director of Ticket Sales and Fan Services. Under his leadership, the Lions’ group sales figures increased by 148% in 2015. In 2016, the ticketing department continued to experience growth in both new season tickets (up 36%) and a higher renewal percentage (up 12%) by their season ticket members.

Previous to the Lions, Zayandehroudi was the Manager of Ticket Sales and Premium Seats for Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Vancouver Whitecaps between 2013 and 2015. He started his sports business career as an Account Executive, Ticket Sales with Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), with a focus on Toronto FC in the MLS. He was the #1 Account Executive in sales for Toronto FC in 2012 on the heels of earning the 2011-12 MLS Rookie of the Year (#1 in Sales Revenue among new account executives).
SEA DOGS NAME BEN ZAYANDEHROUDI NEW VP OF TICKET SALES AND MARKETING
Those numbers beggar the question, why is he now with the Sea Dogs? No disrespect to either the team or the city but it has to be considered a demotion in the context of his resume and St. John is one economically depressed city (it has been compared to Detroit at its lowest ebb).

His decision or the team's? Were the sales figures satisfactory but the more subjective quality of Fan Services deemed as needing improvement? Of course his moving could be due to a myriad of things; some of which are none of my damn business.

My interest in all this is mostly stoked by notion that maybe, just maybe the Lions have done some self-reflection and are increasing their efforts to get bums in seats?

As an aside, we have been very happy with our Account Rep (not the official title I know). She has been very helpful and very quick to help when we get in touch with her.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since you brought up the issue of the BC Lions staff again, I guess it's time to give some appreciation to the otherwise unknown Lions front office staff. I'm not talking about those in the coaching staff who their due respect and credit. I'm talking about the office staff. I know I've brought up this person before but I'll bring it up again. It looks like in the Lions office staff, the longest member is the finance administrator, Carol Longmuir.

Carol joined the Lions in 1994 with a desire to learn new things and face new and exciting challenges. Through hard work and dedication she became the club’s finance administrator, in charge of all of the club’s day-to-day financial affairs. Carol is the owner of four Grey Cup rings, which she wears with pride. Carol resides in south Surrey with her spouse, Peter and her daughter, Ashley.

As her profile states, Carol has been with the club since 1994 and has won four Grey Cup rings. I wonder if any other woman has won as many Grey Cup rings.

So perhaps you who have business degrees you can work for the Lions office staff, and you might earn a Grey Cup ring the next time the Lions capture the Grey Cup. That's what happened to Lui Passaglia who has Director of Community Relations he won a fourth Grey Cup ring.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
caobax
Rookie

Maybe next autumn. On punt return, remember, when your beat off the line of scrimmage by a player on the punt team, instead of trailing that player, find another player and double team him. More to follow
Last edited by caobax on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CardiacKid
Legend

caobax wrote:Maybe next autumn. Punt ends ththat guards men half made, when your ankles are broken shift your toes and go after the tackle. Is it worthy to trail. More to follow.
Can hardly wait......I think. :dizzy: