2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The whole musical chairs with the Rider QBs, not letting anyone get comfortable or in any kinda of rhythm especially when Durant was playing in Regina was very puzzling to me. What was Jones trying to accomplish? I know he likes to be controversial, "Us against everyone else", doesn't care what others think of him or what he is doing, but what is he doing? :dizzy:

Jones has made a lot more mistakes as the Rider GM and VP of Everything than I thought he would and if he lets Durant leave with no viable replacement, let alone already having a suspect backup, then my estimation of Jones' would take another hit.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Don't forget the East Division Semi-FInal was played as well. Eskimos jumped to huge leads of 18-3 and 21-9. The Tiger-Cats fought back valiantly to tie it at 21-21. But unlike the Lions, the Tiger-Cats couldn't complete the comeback courtesy of Ladler who made a crucial interception deep in Hamilton territory which lead to the game winning FG.

Rematch of the 2015 Grey Cup in the form of the EDF.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In a rematch of last year's Grey Cup final, Ottawa leading Edmonton 25-3 in the 3rd quarter. The game is being played in a snow storm. Classic Canadiana !
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Eskimos mounting a comeback 25-17
CardiacKid
Legend

C'mon RedBlacks! The idea of a western team representing the East in the Grey Cup?!?! That doesn't sit well with me....
Anyways Ottawa has been and will always be my Eastern team and the Esks just suck canal water.
BC 1988
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:C'mon RedBlacks! The idea of a western team representing the East in the Grey Cup?!?! That doesn't sit well with me....
Anyways Ottawa has been and will always be my Eastern team and the Esks just suck canal water.
I tend to agree that I'd rather see a traditional East-West GC. Of course with WPG bouncing between East-West with the OTT and MTL franchise adventures, the BC-WPG GC would today be considered all-West.

I guess the GC commitee would rather see OTT in it, probably make it easier to sell the rest of those game tickets that are still unsold. (You know there's a problem when you still get ambushed with "tickets from $89" pop-up ads when you go to the league site.)
Last edited by BC 1988 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alputt
Champion

Ottawa wins!!! Good game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There will be a new Grey Cup champion this year
BC 1988
Legend

It turned out a bit more exciting than expected (credit Mike Reilly making a game of it). With the way players were skidding around in the 2nd half, it was shaping up to be an endurance test more than a contest.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm so happy that Ottawa won. Their fans deserve it. After the Lions, they're my favourite team.
CardiacKid
Legend

PlayNow.com has the spread at 9.0 points with the RedBlacks as underdogs of course. I'll be betting on them to win thank you very much. I like watching the Stampeders but a win by Ottawa would be a better result for the league IMO. Plus Ottawa fans across the country are due....
Lionsfan65
Starter

I guess I should choose a bandwagon to jump on for the Grey Cup, as much as I hate to say it, I can't bring myself to cheer for Calgary, go Redblacks.
Rocko604
Rookie

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rocko604 wrote:So... this is happening. :clown: :clown: :clown:

http://3downnation.com/2016/11/24/30-pi ... y-cup-tix/

too bad it is not boston pizza.....ahh but those were the days
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Grey Cup Committee completely blew this one.