A New Podcast for Lions fans!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JaboVancouver
Rookie

Hey everyone! We’re two former CBC Sports employees, with a podcast from the Vancouver sports fan perspective. Our latest show is the CFL vs the NFL, and one of us thinks the CFL is a joke. Listen to the show and come onto Facebook to tell him how wrong he is. We want to hear from you!

Check us out, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, join the conversation!

http://justabitoutside.podbean.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Just-A-Bit-Out ... 955839161/
Twitter: @JABO_Vancouver
Email: jabovancouver@gmail.com
Just A Bit Outside: The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast
justabitoutside.podbean.com
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

How is it a "joke' exactly? This is the kind of drivel I often see/hear from Lower Mainland 30something a$$hats who think they're just too cool for school.

Knowledgeable football people, be they players who have worked in both leagues, NFL execs, journalists like Peter King and Jenny Vrentas certainly don't think so and have great admiration and respect for the CFL, it's innovations and traditions. The NFL today is nothing but a copy of what the CFL has been already doing for years. But, no. We must hear the opinions of the imbecilic braying Vancouver hockeybros who know sweet FA about football but think they're all that and a bucket of chicken. :puke:
David
Team Captain

I gave it a whirl the other day. My thoughts....

I give the CFL guy props. He knew his stuff and has some sound/reasonable arguments. And really, the anti-CFL guy didn't completely rip the product on the field, more just the lack of star power and quirkiness of the league.

My question is, why do we constantly have to choose? Why must this be an either/or scenario? Coke vs Pepsi. Can't football fans enjoy both? Actually, "all" (as I love NCAA and CIS as well). Obviously, with the money thrown around down there because the country is 10x the size and a world power, it's going to attract top end talent and receive mega-hype. Duh. It's unfair to hold our domestic league up to that comparison. :wag:

Just take the CFL for what it is. A top-notch brand of football with some unreal (yet in most cases, very approachable) athletes, playing in a country of 35 million people. Constant comparisons to another country's league with different rules and a far greater pay scale are absurd.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
dat
Rookie

It sounds like your podcast is the joke. I get that maybe you're trying to be controversial but I don't watch Jerry Springer either. Your friend must be a dweeb who's never played any sport. Anyone who would try to ridicule a league that has had the likes of Joe Theisman , Warren Moon, Joe Kapp, Doug Flutie, Cam Wake , Tom Brown, Tom Cousineau, Merv Fernandez and many others on the field is a clown. Not to mention coaches like Marv Levy or Bud Grant who coached in both leagues with great success. Or former Lions GM Bob Ackles who was sought out by the Dallas Cowboys and helped build a string of Super Bowl teams. Does your friend say the NCAA and NBA are a joke ? Isn't the CBC that organization that has had a million cancelled shows ? If you're trying to promote dialogue do it in a respectful way. Get lost both of you.

DAT
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Former CBC Sports employees ? That explains everything
pennw
Legend

Why should we care about your podcast ? Can't you come up with something better than a wannabe dissing the Cfl ? Sorry no time for such drivel . Maybe you guys could go and try impressing some Canuck fans instead .
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Not really worth the band width.
JaboVancouver
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the feedback, we appreciate all the comments. The cast was not meant to be disrespectful, as the main goal is to talk sports and engage with passionate fans, since that's what we enjoy doing. Thanks for listening, feel free to talk to us, as we're open to discussing anything CFL or any sport.

Email us at JABOvancouver@gmail.com
Find us on Facebook at Just A Bit Outside - The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast
Follow us on Twitter at JABO_Vancouver
Matt Baker
Rookie

Over/Under on when dude discovered the Seahawks? I'll go November, 2013.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Matt Baker wrote:Over/Under on when dude discovered the Seahawks? I'll go November, 2013.
Just like about 75% of the "12s"
JaboVancouver
Rookie

Hey all, we've posted another show! It recaps the loss of Gordie Howe and the triumph of Brooke Henderson, plus a conversation about the coverage of the National Sports Networks in Canada. As always, we do a best and worst in Garbage Time.

If you like us, share us with your friends. If you hate us, share us with your enemies.

Find us on Facebook at Just A Bit Outside - The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast
Email us at JABOvancouver@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter at JABO_Vancouver
JaboVancouver
Rookie

Still going! We're onto show number 6!

Busy times to kick off the summer! A wide range of topics are on tap, including the BC Lions hot start, plus the Whitecaps, Brooke Henderson, Wimbledon, and Euro 2016. We reflect on free agency and the NHL trades, and as always, our best and worst in Garbage Time!

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

David wrote: Just take the CFL for what it is. A top-notch brand of football with some unreal (yet in most cases, very approachable) athletes, playing in a country of 35 million people. Constant comparisons to another country's league with different rules and a far greater pay scale are absurd.

I'm a bit late to the party, and my comment has nothing to do with the podcast... but speaking of approachable athletes, this says so much about the CFL: During training camp I saw a facebook post from a fan asking how he might be able to get Adam Bighill to sign a jersey he bought for his father. Bighill's wife responds offering to meet the guy at the pre-season game so she can get her hubby to autograph the jersey! I like the Seahawks, but do you think any "12" is going to get that type of consideration from their star players or wives?
JaboVancouver
Rookie

Hey everyone, the show goes on! Our latest covers the Lions recent demolition of the Als and Jennings potential to be the face of the league, as well as the Olympics.

Find us on Facebook at "Just a Bit Outside - The Premier Vancouver Sports Podcast"

CardiacKid
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
David wrote: Just take the CFL for what it is. A top-notch brand of football with some unreal (yet in most cases, very approachable) athletes, playing in a country of 35 million people. Constant comparisons to another country's league with different rules and a far greater pay scale are absurd.

I'm a bit late to the party, and my comment has nothing to do with the podcast... but speaking of approachable athletes, this says so much about the CFL: During training camp I saw a facebook post from a fan asking how he might be able to get Adam Bighill to sign a jersey he bought for his father. Bighill's wife responds offering to meet the guy at the pre-season game so she can get her hubby to autograph the jersey! I like the Seahawks, but do you think any "12" is going to get that type of consideration from their star players or wives?
The players (and on occasion their families) are a huge part of what makes this league so much more real, compelling and entertaining for this fan. For me (and this is not intended to be a knock against the NFL) the league down south is reality television; the CFL is reality.