Uniform Poll Question - Reebok or Adidas?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Now that you've seen the new uniforms, which would you choose?

A) Lose them! There was nothing wrong with the previous design, especially with the futuristic 3rd uniform (which we may never see again).
51%
B) Keep them! This is an attractive, slick, and futuristic design, and it's a way to reach out to younger fans.
49%

Total votes: 43
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:I can certainly attest to that. I have a game worn Tyrone Williams jersey (remember how big Tyrone was /is? 6'4" and 300lbs!) and it is pretty darn close to snug. I am 6'1" and 80 lbs lighter than the big man. I picked up a Lumbala game worn from last year and Rolly sure likes to go as minimal as possible with the sleeves almost non-existent and really short length in the torso. It looks like spankx on me. :dizzy:
But I also have a team-owned jersey that I don't think was ever fitted for a player that is actually comfortable. I never could match the number to a player but it obviously is meant for a lineman based on size and number.
I can relate on those too CC. The other 2 gamers I have are Ty Chatman's from 93/94 and Johnny Scott's from 96. I'm 6' and was probably 80# lighter that Scott when I bought it. Probably closer to 55# lighter now. Scott's is snug and Chatman's fits uncomfortably tight now. If only the body took the shape of the jersey instead of the other way around. :shock:

All jerseys then had the long length in the torso. A lot of them now are cut to waist length.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CardiacKid
Legend

Well, I have decided that the only way I am going to get a jersey I truly want is to make one myself! I would kill to get one of the 1970-71 jerseys with the black torso, arms and the 9 red stripes on the sleeves. But the only one I have seen (other than on trading cards) is the one David owns and posted in a photo here on Lionbackers.

So I am going to use a Grey Cup 2005 jersey that is very reminiscent of the look I am after for a template and get my mother-in-law to show me how its done.

I am a big fan of the apparel Roger Edwards has designed for both the CFL and NHL that has his distinct retro look and feel. A fair number of these new designs supposedly incorporate retro aspects or are trying to pay tribute to the retro jerseys and are advertised as having a "retro" feel. I am not convinced. So if the CFL and Adidas or whomever are not going to provide a look that I want, I will make it myself.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I don't mind the new dark uniform, but the new white uniform is the worst lions uniform ever.

go back to the 77 to I think 89.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
dtrain
Starter

I agree that the 'Dewalt' era uniforms are the best overall set that the Leos have ever had.
I'm betting those new white are updated by next season.
caobax
Rookie

[Remember the pastness of the past.] We ought to welcome a.d.i.d.a.s. because it has stripes. Its logo is used for a variety of things, which includes recognition, self-identity, decoration, an other things that make it unique among its peers. I use adidas as a symbol of honor and pride.
nickatnoon61
prospect

dtrain wrote:Let me be the first to make the comparison of the new helmet logo to the Canucks Free Willy logo.
Thumbs down.

Some other thoughts:
Homes: I like the general orange/black look, a real tip of the hat to the Meralomas.
I guarantee though that people will complain about the readability of the black numbers.

Roads: Big thumbs down - who is that team?
Look nothing like the BC Lions.

And last: HUGE thumbs down to that stupid placement of the logo at the bottom of the back of both jerseys.
Riders had it last year, probably got tons of complaints, and ditched it this year.
It just screams out: "but guys, we have to put the logo somewhere!?"
Just one question!~ Is this some kind of JOKE????? I was born the year Lions franchise was born. I have been a fan since about 1963. One of the main reasons for me remaining a fan was the Lions class logos and colors. If these CRAP unis remain, BC Lions have just LOST a long time supporter. Excuse me now, while I go RIP MY EYES OUT!!! I bailed on the Casucks too, when they came out with the Halloween unis years ago. I went with Blackhawks 100% back then and still a HUGE Hawks fan, and wear their logo almost every day.. I was flabbergasted when I heard the new name of Ottawa's new team...'Redblacks'? I guess 'RETARDS' was already taken? lol CFL has shown to be a 3rd rate league, with these ASSinine decisions. Just 2 words...buh bye.
nickatnoon61
prospect

D wrote:Like we have a say :tease:
I thought the reeboks were kind of lame other than the gun metal 3rd ... So I voted for the new look even tho I'm not fond of the white version :2cents:
New unis=CLOWN Shoes!
Alputt
Champion

OK I would prefer to keep my commentary to on field performance (which was good) however this is the debut of the new look uni's on TV and I have a mini-rant.

I like to wear my Lions gear around town with pride as a team ambassador in my own small way... With the gun metal, or a T-Shirt with the primary logo I do so. And it often becomes a conversation piece. "I thought CFL was second-rate and I love the Seahawks.." "No we have a great team with great traditions right here and the gear is cool..."

Not happening with the cream-scicle chess piece logo... "Buy this ugly shirt for $200 and come to a half full stadium for $90" doesn't get much enthusiasm...
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

It looks like they went cheap and refused to pay extra to have the orange helmet match the orange jersey. :dizzy: :dizzy: :bang: :bang:

Tramp Stamp: :puke: :puke:

Helmet logo: It might grow on me.
jmc24
Rookie

DanoT wrote:It looks like they went cheap and refused to pay extra to have the orange helmet match the orange jersey. :dizzy: :dizzy: :bang: :bang:

Tramp Stamp: :puke: :puke:

Helmet logo: It might grow on me.
I don't know if someone has already pointed this out but last night's jersey helmet combo is NOT what we'll see come regular season. That was the road helmet with the home jersey. The home helmet is black .They have been wearing the logo-less road helmets all TC. My guess is that they don't have the home helmets assembled yet ( logo , chinstraps etc.. ). Now , for what they looked like on TV.. Brutal...The tramp stamp is terrible.The pants are a joke..Go all black and forget the knees being orange. Overall it looks very bush league. I sincerely hope they alter this look for next season. As far as the road unis??? I'm scared , very scared to see them live. :puke:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

jmc24 wrote:I don't know if someone has already pointed this out but last night's jersey helmet combo is NOT what we'll see come regular season. That was the road helmet with the home jersey. The home helmet is black .They have been wearing the logo-less road helmets all TC. My guess is that they don't have the home helmets assembled yet ( logo , chinstraps etc.. ).
True. Teams wear the same uniforms in both preseason games to control costs. They won't need 80-plus black helmets in the regular season so they wear the same helmets they've been wearing n training camp. Not a big deal. I still don't like the new helmet logo, though, and prefer the old uniforms overall.
maxlion
Legend

So, if last night's helmets--which were a different shade of orange from the jerseys--are intended to match the other jerseys, am I correct in understanding that the home and away jerseys have a slightly different shade of orange? I've never heard of a team doing anything like this before. Makes no sense to me.
Last edited by maxlion on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

The helmet logo looks like a ghost. It might be time to put a "Ghost to the Post" play into the playbook.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
jmc24 wrote:I don't know if someone has already pointed this out but last night's jersey helmet combo is NOT what we'll see come regular season. That was the road helmet with the home jersey. The home helmet is black .They have been wearing the logo-less road helmets all TC. My guess is that they don't have the home helmets assembled yet ( logo , chinstraps etc.. ).
True. Teams wear the same uniforms in both preseason games to control costs. They won't need 80-plus black helmets in the regular season so they wear the same helmets they've been wearing n training camp. Not a big deal. I still don't like the new helmet logo, though, and prefer the old uniforms overall.
Last night's lids won't be the TC helmets unless Kato was up all night putting logos on them. TC helmets didn't have logos and likely will be the practice helmets all year long. I'd wager the helmets arrive from the factory with the logo already applied or a company in Vancouver is contracted to do it for them to ensure purrfect placement.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

I seem to recall Skulsky saying something a few seasons ago about standardizing the shade of orange for jersey and logo wear. I guess someone didn't get the memo.