Uniform Poll Question - Reebok or Adidas?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Now that you've seen the new uniforms, which would you choose?

A) Lose them! There was nothing wrong with the previous design, especially with the futuristic 3rd uniform (which we may never see again).
51%
B) Keep them! This is an attractive, slick, and futuristic design, and it's a way to reach out to younger fans.
49%

Total votes: 43
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A truly well designed jersey do not need to be updated every few seasons. Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leaf jerseys have stood the test of time.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:A truly well designed jersey do not need to be updated every few seasons. Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leaf jerseys have stood the test of time.
^^All old teams with solid fan support and no doubt strong logo wear sales. CFL teams have a relatively small number of fans buying several models of jerseys so things need to be changed up fairly often to stimulate sales in small markets.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:A truly well designed jersey do not need to be updated every few seasons. Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leaf jerseys have stood the test of time.
Even all those iconic jerseys get tweaked, even if only subtly, every few years. While the Leafs, for example, have stayed consistent with the blue and white colours next season the logo will again be getting a remake for what is the 12th tweak since they won the Cup in 1967.

Here's a great website where you can click on a team and see the history of changes.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/index.html
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:So, if last night's helmets--which were a different shade of orange from the jerseys--are intended to match the other jerseys, am I correct in understanding that the home and away jerseys have a slightly different shade of orange? I've never heard of a team doing anything like this before. Makes no sense to me.
Welcome to the CFL
CardiacKid
Legend

Someone quick! Start up a show called "What Not To Wear-CFL Edition".

Just think of it as now you as a fan can go crazy and mix and match your Lions gear when you show up for games.

Got a game-worn Saxon jersey from the 80's but no matching helmet? Who cares? Wear the alternate gun metal helmet with it. Got the little-seen helmet from 1971 with the logo from the Centenary of BC joining confederation but absolutely nothing to go with it? Go with 3rd jersey from the 2000s...the one with the white under the sleeve. Everything goes!

Myself, I am going to get the new home jersey and find an old-school leather helmet I can dye neon-orange to wear with it. Sweet combo :clown:
David
Team Captain

"Pick and orange, any orange....we've got dark orange, light brownish-orange, dark brownish-orange, burnt orange!"

SMH. What do they tell their suppliers? Are there no specs to follow?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
jmc24
Rookie

Hambone wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:
jmc24 wrote:I don't know if someone has already pointed this out but last night's jersey helmet combo is NOT what we'll see come regular season. That was the road helmet with the home jersey. The home helmet is black .They have been wearing the logo-less road helmets all TC. My guess is that they don't have the home helmets assembled yet ( logo , chinstraps etc.. ).
True. Teams wear the same uniforms in both preseason games to control costs. They won't need 80-plus black helmets in the regular season so they wear the same helmets they've been wearing n training camp. Not a big deal. I still don't like the new helmet logo, though, and prefer the old uniforms overall.
Last night's lids won't be the TC helmets unless Kato was up all night putting logos on them. TC helmets didn't have logos and likely will be the practice helmets all year long. I'd wager the helmets arrive from the factory with the logo already applied or a company in Vancouver is contracted to do it for them to ensure purrfect placement.
Looks like those WERE the TC helmets. Kato must have been up all night after all. Well , that's what assistants are for
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I will be wearing a gun metal Jennings jersey to the home opener. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:I will be wearing a gun metal Jennings jersey to the home opener. Thnx BB
Good choice Bob, gun metal Jersey with the gun for an arm QB. Best new Jersey that never was never given a chance by the Lions, even with the initial sellout and large pre-order list by the fans for them. Just another mistake IMO.
squishy35
Legend

I like the new uni's.... The appropriate black helmet will make a huge difference in the home presentation. I hope they have them for Friday's game.
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

Love the new uni's!!!
wrl3
prospect

I think that the change to Adidas was good, but needs some work done. the tramp stamp has to go on both jerseys, the helmets should either have the paw or the regular logo on them, and the away helmet decals and facemasks should be black along with the shoulder numbers. the jerseys are okay for the most part its just those ugly helmet decals. thoughts anyone?
B.C. bound
prospect

I like the Adidas home & away jersey....clean & simple....hoping the third jersey will be gun metal with orange numbers/gun metal helmet with orange paw.