Lack of Lion coverage On LIONBACKERS ?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

green road kill
Rookie

Two things happened this week that makes me wounder just where are the Lion
Backers.

The banner, can't think of who thought it up ,but to here the White Caps guys go
off with there panties in a dither made my mid week better.

Lion's sign JJ and nada nothin not a peep. Or does it take away from all that stuff,
about how unfair Wally is and how he is willing to waiste a young star QB over a
contract.
The season is comming up fast and I am sure lots will be said about how bad the
coaching is, the Oline the Dline, the play calling .

The fact is Wally is doing a nice gob of putting this team together , maybe better
than some of you would like.

I know that some of you Jones envy . But here in Gopher Flats, anybody not cut
or left in free agency has retired. Play smart keep Wally
David
Team Captain

The Jennings signing is getting lots of posts....in the Jennings thread. :dizzy:

As for the banner, sj-roc brought it up in the "Lions In the Local Media" thread. If you think something is important news, nothing is stopping you from creating a topic. It's really quite easy.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:The Jennings signing is getting lots of posts....in the Jennings thread. :dizzy:

As for the banner, sj-roc brought it up in the "Lions In the Local Media" thread. If you think something is important news, nothing is stopping you from creating a topic. It's really quite easy.

Yes, I read SJ-Roc post about the banner and was quite intrigued by the mention that none of the local print media picked it up. I had to satisfy my curiosity if Bell Media owned the Sun and the Province; turns out they don't. So much for that media conspiracy theory.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
David wrote:The Jennings signing is getting lots of posts....in the Jennings thread. :dizzy:

Yes, I read SJ-Roc post about the banner and was quite intrigued by the mention that none of the local print media picked it up. I had to satisfy my curiosity if Bell Media owned the Sun and the Province; turns out they don't. So much for that media conspiracy theory.
Someone whose name escapes me at the moment (EDIT: I just checked again, it was B.C.Fan) corrected me in the media thread that the Province's (or possibly the Sun's) website had an audio podcast (kudos for the link) that devoted a fair bit of discussion to the "real football" banner, and the broader topic of sports teams creating their own news as it were, by hiring journalists/writers to provide in-house online content — and these people are often drawn from a pool of those who formerly covered teams on behalf of media that operate apart from them. They specifically mentioned Wpg's hiring of former Bomber beat writer Ed Tait; Matt Baker, formerly of TSN1040, who often links his bclions.com content here would be another example.

There were text articles on the Vancitybuzz and 24hrs sites specfically addressing the banner but those were the only such text content I was able to locate online at the time I posted on the topic.

As for the theme of this thread, IMHO this board isn't really responsible for "coverage" of the team. Pretty much all of us on here are fans and fans alone, with very few exceptions (e.g., the aforementioned MB); whatever we post is simply a labour of love. As David says, any one of us can start a thread on any Lions-related topic or add to an existing one (if warranted). The traffic a given thread will attract may vary and this still being the off-season, chances are there will be less traffic than when the season gets here.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

green road kill wrote: The banner, can't think of who thought it up ,but to here the White Caps guys go
What banner are you talking about?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

D wrote:
green road kill wrote: The banner, can't think of who thought it up ,but to here the White Caps guys go
What banner are you talking about?
I think he was talking about the "Real Football" banner.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.