My moment of glory

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Shaw Winnipeg wanted to feature some long-time Grey Cup fans and put together some interviews and short segments with yours truly, Eskinator (who many of you know), Linda Edwards (Mrs. Eskinator) and Bruce Finley from Ottawa aka Brewster. Kevin did an amazing job of not making me look like a babbling idiot. Might've helped that it was early on the Thursday afternoon too.

Hambone -

Eskinator -

Linda -

Brewster -
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
South Pender
Legend

Nice mechanics on your throws, Hambone. :good:
Hambone
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Nice mechanics on your throws, Hambone. :good:

Lol. Thanks man! I was afraid I'd throw it into the ground with my arm and shoulder still attached. I hadn't tossed a football any distance in at least 10 years. The last time I threw one in anything resembling a game was when I relieved Jim Mullin in Snow Bowl during Grey Cup week in 1999. Not quite Al Bundy Polk High legend status but managed 2 TD tosses mostly thanks to Mullin's buddy Lance. Just had to put it out there somewhere in Lance's general vicinity and he'd do the rest. They were bombs in my mind but probably wobbled like that wounded duck pick Burris threw in the Grey Cup.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Nice job, Dale. That's quite a Grey Cup streak.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone comes across as a warm, friendly and humble person.

The common thread among all these folks is their love of the CFL, their team and the fans generally.

Those posted here sure are feel good stories.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the links.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Hambone comes across as a warm, friendly and humble person.

The common thread among all these folks is their love of the CFL, their team and the fans generally.

Those posted here sure are feel good stories.
Aww....you're making me blush Toppy. Thanks for the kind words. Very good folks these ones are. I met Linda and some friends of hers for the first time at GC 1995 in Regina. Then I ran into her again this time with Brian at GC 1996 in Hamilton. They've been good friends of mine ever since. Brewster I met a few years later, probably around 2002. Folks ask if I go to Grey Cups solo. The answer is yes and no. Yes I travel there solo but once I get there I'm part of a loose group of a few hundred that go every year. These folks are part of my closest circle of Grey Cup friends. We kind of have our own ratpack of 20 or so within the large group of regulars. Brian likes to use the term CFL Fellowship.