East Final -Ottawa and Hamilton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Interesting to watch this game.

Ottawa, a new franchise, with a crew of castoffs and a first time HC only won two games in their inaugural season. But with shrewed free agent signings and trades, along with good scouting and recruiting, won 12 games this year and are one game away from the Grey Cup with Rich Campbell and 40 year old Henry Burris leading the way.

Hamilton had a similar turn around story last year under Kent Austin. What impresses me about Hamilton is how Kent Austin has completely adjusted his offence for Maoli, who only has 3 CFL starts under his belt.

Both teams are in a close battle righ tnow, with 1:27 remining in the first half of the East Final its 17-14 for Hamilton.

Now, if only our Leos organization could model what these two organizations are doing right now.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

19-17 Ottawa at the half.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa increase their lead 22-17 on a field goal to open the second half.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Just watching the Red Black / Hamilton game in the second quarter, and it hit me like a lead pipe cinch, how one expansion team in their second season can ascend to the eastern final in only their second season as an expansion franchise, and the BC Lion organization with sixty-two years of history, is still struggling to field a contender after five years since their last GC win, of time to rebuild from the offensive center out, have failed utterly and miserably.

Someone at the top has failed miserable and must be cut!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa increase their lead to 25-17 after the 3rd quarter.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Jason Mass ans Henry Burris on a mission...I love this kind of football!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Chris Milo's 43 yard field goal against the wind restores Ottawa's 8 point lead 28-20 with 6 minutes remaining.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton ties the game at 28 on a spectacular catch by Luke Tasker with 1:34 minute remaining.
Blitz
Team Captain

Hamilton just tied the game with 1:34 remaining.

Masoli is 29 out of 38 and well over 300 yards passing. Austin had a great game plan for the inexperienced quarterback and had Masoli well prepared.

Its up to Henry now with just over a minute left to win this game for Ottawa. Solar Max is probably standing to watch this last drive.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
jcalhoun
Starter

What a game!
Blitz
Team Captain

What a throw and catch from Burris to Ellingson for 93 yd. touchdown on second and 25. Burris and Ellingson stick a dagger into their old team.

Hold on Solar Max..this last minute and 11 seconds left will seem like an eternity.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton retakes the lead on a 93 yard touchdown pass by Greg Ellingson. 35-28 with 1:12 seconds remaining. Does it get any better than this ?
Blitz
Team Captain

Ottawa in the Grey Cup in their second season.

Hamilton did a great job with a very inexperienced quarterback. Kudos to both organizations and a fantastic playoff game.

Maybe Desjardins will be willing to 'mentor' Wally in the off-season. :wink:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:Interesting to watch this game.

Ottawa, a new franchise, with a crew of castoffs and a first time HC only won two games in their inaugural season. But with shrewed free agent signings and trades, along with good scouting and recruiting, won 12 games this year and are one game away from the Grey Cup with Rich Campbell and 40 year old Henry Burris leading the way.

Hamilton had a similar turn around story last year under Kent Austin. What impresses me about Hamilton is how Kent Austin has completely adjusted his offence for Maoli, who only has 3 CFL starts under his belt.

Both teams are in a close battle righ tnow, with 1:27 remining in the first half of the East Final its 17-14 for Hamilton.

Now, if only our Leos organization could model what these two organizations are doing right now.
\

Every thing came together for this expansion team and I am going to be there with them when spank the GC chaps!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions could take a page on how to rebuild your franchise.