East Final -Ottawa and Hamilton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Lions could take a page on how to rebuild your franchise.
And all positive stuff.....four free agent receivers attracted to Ottawa by Desjardins and each goes on to have a 1,000 yard season plus. Wish we could attract free agents to B.C. but we can't with Buono here.

No bad mouthing players....no drama, no conflicts, no controversies, like we seem to always have here.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:Interesting to watch this game.

Ottawa, a new franchise, with a crew of castoffs and a first time HC only won two games in their inaugural season. But with shrewed free agent signings and trades, along with good scouting and recruiting, won 12 games this year and are one game away from the Grey Cup with Rich Campbell and 40 year old Henry Burris leading the way.

Hamilton had a similar turn around story last year under Kent Austin. What impresses me about Hamilton is how Kent Austin has completely adjusted his offence for Maoli, who only has 3 CFL starts under his belt.

Both teams are in a close battle righ tnow, with 1:27 remining in the first half of the East Final its 17-14 for Hamilton.

Now, if only our Leos organization could model what these two organizations are doing right now.
\

Every thing came together for this expansion team and I am going to be there with them when spank the GC champs!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Yup let's tear it down to 2-16 then rebuild.

Desjardins did the smart thing starting with the expansion draft. Opposing GMs were hoping, if not expecting, he'd go after the numerous older high priced veterans they left unprotected. Had he done so they'd probably be in the same situation as the Riders now find themselves, with an older team in need of a rebuild. Instead he fooled them and plucked young players who had some upside. Often they were backups where they were coming from. Not encumbered with a bunch of veterans with larger tickets he had a ton of cap space to work with when it came time to start free agent shopping this year to add those pieces and playmakers that were the key to their success.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Blitz
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Yup let's tear it down to 2-16 then rebuild.

Desjardins did the smart thing starting with the expansion draft. Opposing GMs were hoping, if not expecting, he'd go after the numerous older high priced veterans they left unprotected. Had he done so they'd probably be in the same situation as the Riders now find themselves, with an older team in need of a rebuild. Instead he fooled them and plucked young players who had some upside. Often they were backups where they were coming from. Not encumbered with a bunch of veterans with larger tickets he had a ton of cap space to work with when it came time to start free agent shopping this year to add those pieces and playmakers that were the key to their success.
Smart GM!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

First time since 1981 that an Ottawa-based football has made it to the Grey Cup game, and the last time they won it was 1976 and it was the last time they won the division championship at home. No doubt fans in Ottawa has waited for a very, very long time for this.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
CardiacKid
Legend

Awesome! A total classic and a game for the ages. A complete and total reminder of what the CFL game is all about.

Obviously an excellent job by the RedBlack organization and players but I would like to give props to the league for improving the expansion draft for the benefit of the Redblacks. In comparison to the expansion draft for the Renegades (which got them Dan Crawley as their starting QB), the RedBlacks were provided a better chance to assemble a viable foundation.

Hope the RedBlacks spank the Esks big time and get revenge for the '81 Cup. Football fans in the nation's capital deserve it after all this time.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

We've waited 34 years, but these next 6 days will be excruciating.

All the best, beloved Redblacks. See you In Winnipeg Thursday.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Congrats Solar. It has been a long wait for the fans of Ottawa and 3 franchises. I'm pulling for the fans of Ottawa but even if the outcome isn't what they hope for, it has already been worth it to see football rocking in Ottawa once again. If I had to name Canada's most favourite team that wasn't your home team, it would be Ottawa. Not that silly Rider squad which is championed by a bunch of provincial Ex-Pats.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Congrats Solar. It has been a long wait for the fans of Ottawa and 3 franchises. I'm pulling for the fans of Ottawa but even if the outcome isn't what they hope for, it has already been worth it to see football rocking in Ottawa once again. If I had to name Canada's most favourite team that wasn't your home team, it would be Ottawa. Not that silly Rider squad which is championed by a bunch of provincial Ex-Pats.
Funny you should say that.

The PM was in attendance today. Called us Canada's Team.

Emotions run high this week, worse than last week even.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Or maybe I have a high level, behind the scenes advisory role at the PMO :wink:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
VictoriaFan
Starter

loved it when they panned the crowd and there was 2 fans wearing green rider jerseys in a sea of black and red