Rest in Peace ShiZiMi

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

For those who have not heard I'm Saddened to share the news that my good friend Lloyd Bruneau (ShiZiMi) has lost his battle with Cancer. He was a Great guy and one of the best CFL and BC Lions fans ever!

Back when I started this site he was one of the first members following his team through our eyes while he was working in China. Over the years I have had the opportunity to share many good times with Lloyd.

You will be missed my friend.... Rest in Peace

here is Lloyd's Hall of Fan profile
http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... 22&t=14956
12246857_10153663265625638_5877624582234211604_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I never met him but I always respected him. RIP, Lloyd.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

No finer football fan was there than Lloyd.

All the best to!the family.
The_Pauser
Legend

Wow I remember reading his posts on here over the years. Definitely very sad. Prayers with his close friends and family. RIP.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Condolences to his friends and family.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Our football forum feels a little emptier tonight. Very sad for his family and for us. Condolences
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

My deepest condolences. I saw Lloyd at training camp in Kamloops this year and learned of his illness then. I am so glad that he got to see his team up close and personal a final time. RIP.

A really good guy.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rest in Peace. God Bless.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Tighthead
Legend

He was a good Lionbacker. Sad news.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Condolences to his friends and family. RIP
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Like some others who have said the same, I never knew him except through his posts here over the last decade (?) or so. My condolences to his family and friends who have suffered this loss.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Sad news. A longtime member of the Lionbacker family. RIP
Robbie
Hall of Famer

My deepest sympathies to the family of Shi Zi Mi.

I've enjoyed my conversations with him regarding the Chinese language and culture. His screen name was the anglicized form of Lion in Mandarin Chinese: Shi Zi = 獅子
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I am much saddened about this. I saw Lloyd at training camp and was well aware of his condition but still was looking forward to seeing him later this week in Winnipeg. He discussed his situation with us openly and was at peace with the cards life had dealt him. I can't remember when I first met Lloyd. It was for sure GC 2004 in Ottawa if not a Grey Cup or two previously. I always looked forward to seeing him every year at Grey Cup to have a BS to solve all problems Lion.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Bosco
Team Captain

Lloyd was plainly and simply, a good guy. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Lloyd and enjoy his company at various Grey Cups, as well as soak in his vast football knowledge over the past 11 years. I last saw Lloyd and Cheryl this past June in Kamloops and although he was battling his illness, he was still the same good natured and positive person that I have always seen. Rest in peace, my friend.