Rest in Peace ShiZiMi

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:He was a good Lionbacker. Sad news.
I share the same sentiments.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Ravi
Legend

Sorry to hear about this. I always enjoyed reading his posts over the years. Rest in peace, Shi Zi Mi (Lloyd).
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

If you ever got the chance to spend some time with Lloyd, as I was lucky enough to make his acquaintance at the 2007 GC in TO, you understood there was nothing pretentious, disingenuous nor arrogant about his demeanor.

It was enough that you bled orange and black for him to call you friend. Lloyd didn't choose to have a handle and told me he thought they were "*poop*", wanted everyone to just be known for their real names.

He will always be foremost in my mind, at this time and his last season with us all.

We will not forget you Lloyd,

Rest now from your labors bro
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

RIP ShiZiMi, way too young for his family to be dealing with this grief. As others have already stated, Lloyd was as nice a person as you are going to meet in life.

I will always remember his post telling of the time he went to the QB challenge. He was wearing his Lion jersey when it was DD's turn to throw for distance. DD knew that he wasn't going to out throw his competition, so he tried to connect with Lloyd, just out of his reach though. Still a classy attempt by DD and a nice CFL moment for Lloyd to share with his friends.
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I had the good fortune to attend the 2004 Grey Cup (and the corresponding very long and quiet ride back to Toronto) with Lloyd. He was a good man with a lot of insight both inside and outside the subject of football. My condolences to his family and friends.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Very very sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
LION82
Rookie

RIP Lloyd.
Failing to prepare yourself is preparing yourself to fail.
Big Time
Champion

Forever a Lion. Rest in Peace.