Free Agent Signings

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

At least they are creating competition there, with the 2 new signings and the guy they signed from the Detroit Lions.
NotEZBeingGreen
prospect

CardiacKid wrote:
chwk_lionsfan wrote:Lions signed Anthony Allen
cardiackid wrote:I am going to lose it if a re-tread of an International running back like Nic Grigsby or Anthony Allen becomes the starter next year.
Dang......In my own defense, I wrote that when I was exceedingly peeved regarding Andrew leaving town. Still liking Jeremiah Johnson to emerge as the starter but I do know that Allen has a great attitude and is willing to fill whatever role is asked of him in order to play.
I liked Anthony Allen and think he could be a really good pick up. He had some issues holding on to the ball but I think those were compounded by Chamblins "make a mistake and you'll sit on the bench" attitude. Last year he was a victim of the ratio and sat most games due to our lack of NI depth. He averaged 6.7 yards a carry when he was able to play. He's not a flashy, homerun type RB but he is consistent. I'm interested to see how he does in a different situation. I think he will do well with the Lions.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Anthony Allen has looked like a very effective runner.

Talent-wise, we might be competitive.

Receivers.

O Line.

RBs.

QBs.

D Line.

LBs.

DBs.

STs.

Will our offence be top level? Doubts persist about the OC leadership of Khari Jones.

Will our defence be top level? The results under Mark Washington so far could hardy be called top level, it seems to me.

The season is drawing near. It is about time.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

NotEZBeingGreen wrote:
I liked Anthony Allen and think he could be a really good pick up. He had some issues holding on to the ball but I think those were compounded by Chamblins "make a mistake and you'll sit on the bench" attitude.
Now he comes to the Lions where the attitude is "if you are successful we will stop using you"
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Not a free agent ...

Henoc Muamba available. Overpriced in my opinion. I cannot see Wally having any interest in this player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Since we seem stocked at LB. I can't see any reason why we would.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:Not a free agent ...

Henoc Muamba available. Overpriced in my opinion. I cannot see Wally having any interest in this player.
If Wally was interested it would spell a plane ticket out of town for one of Elimimian or Bighill. Muamba is best suited for MLB unless Buono and Washington see potential in converting Muamba to rush end.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Since we seem stocked at LB. I can't see any reason why we would.
Because he's a Canadian starter. That said he has anexpensive contract and is not a free agent. However, I think there are several teams interested. Not sure who can actually afford him though.
Lionsfan65
Starter

Blue In BC wrote:Because he's a Canadian starter. That said he has anexpensive contract and is not a free agent. However, I think there are several teams interested. Not sure who can actually afford him though.
He is a Canadian starter but I am happy with Bighill and Elimimian, two of the best linebackers in the league. While his trade is likely a salary dump, Montreal would likely still want a solid Canadian starter in return.
Lionsfan65
Starter

WestCoastJoe wrote:

Receivers.

O Line.

RBs.

QBs.

D Line.

LBs.

DBs.

STs.

Will our offence be top level? Doubts persist about the OC leadership of Khari Jones.

Will our defence be top level? The results under Mark Washington so far could hardy be called top level, it seems to me.

Receivers.

O Line.

RBs.

QBs.

D Line.

LBs.

DBs.

STs.

With regards to Anthony Allen, I believe that along with Johnson he was one of the most underrated backs in the league, he is a big body and capable of making big plays and dominating a game (his first game with the Riders he carried the ball 27 times for 158 yards and a touchdown).

That being said, talentwise I think the Lions are looking pretty good, QB, RB, WR are all solid the only questiion on O would be the line.

Defensively LB is the stregnth of the team, IF we can sign a pass rusher DL is looking pretty solid too. :2cents:
The_Pauser
Legend

Lionsfan65 wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:Because he's a Canadian starter. That said he has anexpensive contract and is not a free agent. However, I think there are several teams interested. Not sure who can actually afford him though.
He is a Canadian starter but I am happy with Bighill and Elimimian, two of the best linebackers in the league. While his trade is likely a salary dump, Montreal would likely still want a solid Canadian starter in return.
Not two of the best in the league. They are the two best in the league.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How many teams can say they have the Most Outstanding Defensive Player in the last two seasons ?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:How many teams can say they have the Most Outstanding Defensive Player in the last two seasons ?
And no Grey Cups to show for it.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Since we seem stocked at LB. I can't see any reason why we would.
Because he's a Canadian starter. That said he has anexpensive contract and is not a free agent. However, I think there are several teams interested. Not sure who can actually afford him though.
Given that we just dumped some National starters, I can't see why that would motivate him. That and if the cupboard were full at any position on this team, it is at LB.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
The_Pauser
Legend

I think our roster looks solid. We have the 3rd pick in the upcoming draft and should be getting a very good Canadian talent (hopefully O-Line). Our current projected starters that I can see:

QB - Jonathan Jennings
RB - Anthony Allen/Jeremiah Johnson
SB - Emmanuel Arceneaux
SB - Bryan Burnham
R - Nick Moore
WR - Lavelle Hawkins
WR - Shawn Gore (N)
LT - Tommy Draheim
LG - Hunter Steward (N)
C - Cam Thorn (N)
RG - Kirby Fabien (N)
RT - Jovan Olafioye

DE - Jabar Westerman/David Menard (N)
DE - Alex Bazzie/Craig Roh
DT - Mic'hael Brooks
DT - Zach Minter

OLB - Adam Bighill
MLB - Solomon Elimimian
OLB - Bo Lokombo (N)

CB - Ronnie Yell
CB - TJ Lee
HB - Brandon Stewart
HB - Ryan Phillips
S - Mike Edem/Eric Fraser (N)

So there I count 7 National starters (almost all having quality backups behind them with Iannuzzi, Player, Husband still on the roster).

Would be nice if we could get Collie back, but overall I think we're in pretty good shape.
Roar you Lions roar!