Lions Need To Clean House

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:Gary Lawless has reported that Neil McEvoy is getting some consideration to move to a different team. And depending on the position, he is ready to do so...
So whether the Lions are prepared or not to cut some umbilical cords, other teams may do the dirty work for the Leos. Just maybe......
Well, since he likes the NFL better anyway....
D
Team Captain

I feel like this was the rebuilding year with new coaches, players etc. I'd like to see them get a lot better on both lines but other than that a lot of pieces are in place to be better next year
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

D wrote:I feel like this was the rebuilding year with new coaches, players etc. I'd like to see them get a lot better on both lines but other than that a lot of pieces are in place to be better next year
I'm with you there D. Personally I like the direction things are going with a lot of good young talent. So much change in the past two years. Lots of good young 1st and 2nd year players who can be core players in the future. I entered the season thinking I'd consider 9-9 to be about where it would end up. I hoped for better but at the same time wouldn't have been shocked at 7-11 or even 6-12. I fully expected them to struggle in the first half and get better in the second half of the season which is what happened. They could easily have achieved that 9-9 or even better with a little better play in the 4th quarter. Rome wasn't built in a day. I think progress was made in the overhaul of the Lions and there is still more to be done. There will be some changes but I'm absolutely not for a total house cleaning. As you say a lot of pieces in place to be better. A total house cleaning IMO will mean a step backwards when the group seems positioned to take the next step forward.

Wally? It wouldn't surprise me to see him back for the final year of his deal and it wouldn't surprise me to see him retire or step down into more of a consultant/advisor role. I've never envisioned him as being one who wants to keep involved full-time beyond 65. I think he values family and things outside the game too much to want to keep going into his 70s as others have in the past.

Tedford? I think he'll be back. I hope he's back because I think he can take his "game" to a higher level now that he's had a year back in the CFL under his belt.

Coordinators? I plead the 5th. Not sure what will happen or what should happen. Time for a new voice on special teams though.

Positional coaches? There is almost always change in these positions. There will be more this year.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

InUrFace wrote:Just heard LU and the other radio personality on 1410 saying that Wally will assessed if he will step down or look at an extension after 2016 that will be offered to him or has been. Now if he stays and gets an extension ... Im done and I feel season ticket holders will be too. Also Farhan on 1410 said keep Washington he hasnt done anything bad enough to be let go. Wow! is he serious .. does he see the same games we do. Sure there has been improvements
but nothing to jump out your seat over. So everyone what are your thoughts????? Specially season ticket holders on here.
As a season ticket holder I've already renewed. What might or might not transpire in the upcoming offseason wasn't going to make a hill of beans difference in that decision. As long as I have the financial means and flexibility to make most of the games travelling from my home base in Prince George or wherever my work might take me (East Kootenays, PG, Tumbler Ridge or FSJohn in the past 4 seasons) I will remain a ST holder. I made 14 of 18 over the past 2 seasons.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:Gary Lawless has reported that Neil McEvoy is getting some consideration to move to a different team. And depending on the position, he is ready to do so...
So whether the Lions are prepared or not to cut some umbilical cords, other teams may do the dirty work for the Leos. Just maybe......
I guess that clears the way for Christy Buono to slide into her father's chair.......
hwgill
Legend

Maybe we'll get Chapdelaine back? He leaves and the Eskimos have one of their worst ever seasons, then he comes back. He leaves again and the Riders have a horrible season...maybe Wally brings him back again and makes him head coach this time... (that would be scary!)
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

hwgill wrote:Maybe we'll get Chapdelaine back? He leaves and the Eskimos have one of their worst ever seasons, then he comes back. He leaves again and the Riders have a horrible season...maybe Wally brings him back again and makes him head coach this time... (that would be scary!)
I've moved on from Chapdelaine but to be fair, Ricky Ray was having one of the best years of his career under Chapdelaine in 2007 before he was hurt and missed the final five games, all losses. Saskatchewan's offence finished second to Ottawa this year despite losing their starting QB early in the year and auditioning a couple of rookie QBs in the second half of the season. Chapedlaine wasn't the problem there.
hwgill
Legend

I don't know, it seems that as soon as Chap shows up somewhere, the team loses, even if the QB has good numbers. IIRC, in '07 the EE only won 5 games...
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker